Massey Ferguson 7700 autosteer ready

On aliexpress lol.
But 700€ is already too much.

Haha I wrote them and they meant that is only for the software and not the complete price

BL08,
Unfortunately I do not have a CAN box to spare. I do know that there are pirated versions of EDT available but I’m not sure if there is an offbrand CAN box as well. Ferdi is correct and the boxes are made by Sontheim, they used to be sold by Snap-on but I’m not sure on availability any more as everything seems to be in short supply these days. In addition to the box you will need an adapter cable 930.203.600 (ATP8089) which just adapts the 9 pin Deutsch connector (at your X183/X184 diag ports under the right hand cover in the cab) to the 7 pin on your CAN box. With the rollout of TCD (AGCO’s latest diagnostic tool) the dealers are now renting laptops with EDT and all necessary cabling. I believe the price was approximately 500$ for 3 months, which in my opinion isn’t worth it if you can buy the pirated version for a tick more and a CAN box (odds are you’ll need it later down the road if you do your own repairs).
Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Free Internet Connection
Using the smartphone for hotspot in the past was fairly easy, but not very comfortable.
I used a cheap 4G USB surfstick (Alcatel one touch L850V) and the “netzclub sponsored basic” cellphone tariff, where I get 100mb/month free highspeed data usage. After that, transmission rate is 64kbit/s - this should be enough for RTK correction. You can sign up (for free) in Germany only, but using it is possible in the entire European Union.

Nice project!

We have mf 7724 2016. I thought it was autosteer ready but now I think mayby it isn’t. There is X230 socket but no autosteer button on side panel and no socket on roof. I tried to look if the is eny wires going to orbitrol and I did not see eny. In front axle, left side, there is a cable going inside so there is a sensor?

If there is a sensor for wheel angle can it be used for AOG via can bus or is it different kind of sensor for only 4wd and dif.lock use?

I would be grateful for eny help. I’am geting more and more interested on autosteering every day and thinking of doing a project of my one.

You can very likely poll the WAS over canbus - that’ll be there to trigger 4wd/difflock disengage as you steer. If there’s no autosteer button on the pillar, I’m guessing it won’t. But try it !

Have a read of this and see how far you get:

I would give it a try to look if the wheel angle is on that bus. arduino+can shield is under $20 so give it a try.
Does the tractor have quick-steer?

I think the Massey Fergusons that are equipped with auto steer ready hardware have 2 or 3 extra buttons on the right side of the cabine (under the 4wd and dif lock buttons). On the picture the tractor isn’t equipped with auto steer and misses the buttons.

No quick steering or eny of these four lowest buttons. I will buy arduino and shield so I can get started!

I think I’ll make my own topic.

Hey, have you solved your problem? I have the same problem with the centring. However, I can’t get to the menu on Cat_Doctor’s screenshot with the edt. According to my dealer, an extra auto-guide box is needed. Auto-Guide is activated in the main menu, but I can’t get to this callibration menu. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to set this up?

No other box is needed, all those settings are done in the valve via EDT on the older tractors and the newer tractors ones it’s inside the main tractor ecu.

What model tractor? Did you know if it has a PVED-CL (old) valve or PVED-CC (newer S models)

No, but maybe yes.
Calibration of the steering sensor was done by my dealer, however barley seeding arrived, I focused on another machine for the moment and didn’t tested yet.

Probably there is just to plug-in and adjust now but now we have too much work and no enouth time (it’s a special year for us), I plan to finish my 7720 this summer but my “new” sprayer before and I’ll tell you then but I believe you’ll be faster than me…

Just a trick for everybody NEVER leave a board nude for test that someone can make shit with, especially if this can lead to SHORT THE CAN WIRES.

It´s a 6714s dyna 6 from 2020. I found these komponents:

but i can´t find out what a valve it ist.

Hello,

We have also MF autosteer ready tractor.
We would like to control the PVED valve through CAN.

We have tried to send the following msg every 100 ms:
data[0] = 234; //example
data[1]=124; //example
data[2]=253;
CAN0.sendMsgBuf(0x0CAD131C, 1, 8, data); //Send CAN Curve Command

When I press the autopilot button, I feel like the valve gets activated for a very short time (few hundred ms), and then it goes off. The wheel does not move actually.

Why is that?

Thanks for all your help.

Did you notice this in the code?

//For engage & disengage via CAN or Button on PCB, select “Button” as switch option in AgOpen
//For engage via AgOpen tablet & disengage via CAN, select “None” as switch option and make sure “Remote” is on the steering wheel icon
//For engage & disengage via PCB switch only select “Switch” as switch option

Thank you for your input.
Sorry I missed that, where can I find?

In the other hand I am not using yet the agOpen, I just connected to the CAN a teensy with can interface, to send just “raw commands.”, then when it works, then I move further.
In the Autosteer_USB_CANBUS_Valtra_08.01.2023.ino example actually I do not see any other commands which sent to canbus.

What am I missing?

Thanks

That is the only command. But you must send 252 in the 3rd data spot that’s means “don’t steer, and reset” after to manually move steering wheel for example.

253 means “steer if allowed”

Remember this is a new S model and you are telling the steering controller in the main tractor ecu what to do, then it is telling the valve left or right.

Make sure the WAS is calibrated via the tractor also

Thank you for the info. Sounds great.
Yes, I understand that I send the command to the tractor ECU, and it controls the valve.
I will check if the WAS is calibrated or not.
However I wonder, the tractor ECU will still control the valve when we send this can msg, because on the screen there are lot of red problems?

Or when we want to steer with Agricultural Guidance System command, then the ECU does not require to have them all green?

All those red problems don’t matter, it will listen to your curve commands.

Great, we are going to try.

I would be really grateful if you can help us with this question also.

1. When we want to start autosteer, we only need to send the “Agricultural Guidance System command” or, we still need to press the factory autosteer button on the joystick? If we send only the command but not pressed the button it just ignores the msg?

2. Is there any CAN msg that we read that the tractor is in really autopilot mode (so accepts the command and did not turn off for whatever reason)?
    When I see the description of the “Agricultural Guidance Machine Info” I do not see which I should look for.
    ISOBUS Data Dictionary - View PGNAndSPN
    We have tried to figure it out why it quits the autopilot immediately after we press autopilot on the joystick (Guidance system command exit/reason code) but we see only 255 which is 11111111 guess, so 111111 Not available (parameter not supported)

3. You said previously:
    “But you must send 252 in the 3rd data spot that’s means “don’t steer, and reset” after to manually move steering wheel for example.”
    Sorry I do not understand that clearly. When we send the “Agricultural Guidance System command” and the tractor accepts it and it is in autosteering mode, even when we manually move the steering wheel, (but we still send the command) it will not turn off the autopilot mode? So we need check the SAS sensor and when it changes (with some margin), then we need to send first the command with 252 (Not intended to steer ) and then stop sending the command, is that correct?

4. Can I ask, how do you know it is 252 and not 0?
    ISOBUS Data Dictionary - View PGNAndSPN
    So the last two bit is 00. So the 252 comes from 11111100
    Is that a standard that the not used bits are 1 and not 0? Can you please send me some link, so I can understand that better.

Thank you so much!