New concept of proportional valves for OC and LS!

Forget all the electric spinners! I found a cheap and well-functioning proportional valve solution.
The set consists of:

• proportional valve with spool type: in position 0 A B connected with T
  • then the pressure compensator goes with the output to the LS control
  • another is the controlled check valve (lock)
    the sandwich ends with a junction plate in one shape or another.
    So what you can see in the attached photo.
    I managed to negotiate a fairly good price and can resell the whole set for around 340E

Google Photos
Schemat zaworĂłw warstwowych

10 Likes

is it possible to have a picture of the top of the valves to see the plate?

Whats the advantage over the HydraForce? Similar price… Other than takes 2-3 months to get the HydraForce into the UK anyway!

Interesting price, but you must explain how oil flows in the OC situation!
To me it looks like a CC system.

Third party liability insurance can be realized in various ways. Probably the easiest one and proven on several of my projects is the additional priority valve. I have them for 70E / pc.
But I am constantly improving the hydraulic control and the diagram above is a bit outdated :slight_smile:
Now I am at the stage of such a miracle:Zintegrowany blok

Bonjour, je suis interessé , as tu un plan pour la placer sur un fendt 716 SRC de 2015 . Merci

2 questions

Does your integrated block have the priority valve in it?

Or is the priority valve a sandwich type that can be combined with a Cetop3 valve (NG06 valve)?

In other words: I have existing Cetop3 proportional valve and subplate, but would like to know if I could add your priority valve to my system.

@darrenjlobb
Hi the setup in the first post have some advantages over an Hydraforce SP10-57C or SP10-58C.
1, the Ls line will drain in neutral position, like the SP10-58C.
2, there is already an integrated compensation valve so it can run on a circuit with others valves.
3, this type or spool (with a coil on each side) is typically better quality (or better over very long time) than these with the 2 coils on the same side.
4, the way it read the LS pressure is at least as good than the Hydraforce, maybe better, in particular when almost in neutral.

But like the hydraforce it can only work in a LS setup. Maybe @baraki can correct me if I am wrong.
@baraki do you have worked with an Hydraforce?

@Larsvest from the first post it seem that the priority valve is a bloc to add between.

The OC layout can be done in several ways. The easiest way is to create a 3-way layer compensator as shown in the diagram below and connect it in series to the T line of the orbitrol. The compensator in the neutral position will increase the pressure on the T line to 6-8bar, which is not a big load for the pump.Układ OC komp.3drog
Of course, in manual mode, the actuator must be cut off by the 6/2 valve, which is not shown in this diagram.
I have never had a hydraforce so I cannot compare how it works in practice. The long waiting time scares me!

2 Likes

Hi
What size of proportional valve do you recommend for autosteer? 20L/min or 40?
I think 20 will give a better control?
I will try to find these kind of valves here in Canada.
I fund an ArgoHytos dealer, will check what he has to offer.

Edit: Will be a PRM8-06 the best choice?

Use PRM2!
PRM8 is a valve with a max flow of 140l. I have one, I used it for an articulated tractor, it is not suitable for an ordinary tractor.

1 Like

Look at Steering Valve datasheet, for example:
125 cmÂł / Rev, 4.9 Revs possible

@ 60 RPM = 60 x 0,125 = 7,5 l/min
@ 100 RPM= 100 x 0,125 = 12,5 l/min

2 Likes

Just remember that the flow is given for a pressure difference of 10 bar, and 30l is compatible with the autoster only in cooperation with the pressure compensator. Without the compensator, even a 5-liter valve will be too big.

1 Like

Hey Baraki what will a set like this OC cost ? And do you send to Denmark ? I have a case Puma 210 and i may Work like the 225 you have build it on.

take a look at the EDL proportional valve,HAWE brand (GERMANY)
incorporates pressure and flow compensator

Hi @baraki

I think in this diagram you would need to add the controlled check valve (lock) also?
I’m thinking when the ram gets to the end of the stoke with high pressure the T flow will be blocked back to the Tank.

It will. An overload valve must also be installed in the system, the piston is usually only fully extended for a moment. If you set the maximum steering angle, the piston should never reach the end and block.

How is everyone. Been reading a lot and want to do this setup but you are stating LS systems but there are two different LS types. Which is this for static or dynamic. I have a Mccormick xtx165 and according to my service manual it is a Dynamic PFC LS reactive steering system. How would I go about doing it. Thanks

Static or dynamic LS makes very little difference here - we are not limited by valve size or hydraulic flow in this application.
You would need a changeover valve, or shutoff valve between the orbitrol and the steer lines as otherwise you steering wheel will spin when autosteer is engaged (although I have tested a reactive system without a changeover valve, and it works just fine if you can put up with the spinning)

The difference between static and dynamic is that in dynamic there is a constant flow from the priority valve to the orbitrol which bleeds the small amount of LS flow to the tank. In a static system, there’s no flow in the LS line but it just reacts to static pressure changes.

So in a dynamic system if you do it “correctly” you should allow for a small bleed flow always from the priority valve LS line, so a small orifice in the LS or a PVFC type of valve. Or it might just work without any additional hassle.