RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

So in that case i can mount everything expect antenna in control room seems good.

Just copy link adress and open in browser

thanks

Yes. And if you have a good internet connection you can send your data to rtk2go.com. Its easy and your neighbour farmers can also use your correction signal.

Hi
I’m having a trouble with the config file for the F9p. I was running RTKBase until recently without problems but had to config the F9p for a test for a new rover. Now I would like to use it for my base again but forgot which config file I should use for it. Any hints in guiding me here?

Latest updates from Ortner.

Just run ./install.sh --detect-usb-gnss --configure-gnss

(if your F9P is connected via Usb)

2 Likes

These config files are unuseful for RTKBase which need RAW data.

Sorry, I wrote it without reading the title :frowning:

anyway I can control the raspberry remotely through wifi, it’s placed under the roof, or do I have to get it down to my windows PC to run these commands?
Sorry, my knowledge about raspberry is almost nonexistent, it just worked flawlessly when I first ran your program half a year ago, so forgot how I did it :flushed:

I use VNC to remotely access the Raspberry for Stefal’s RTKBase.

You need to open a terminal command line on the Raspberry Pi.

If you flashed a SD card with the ready to flash image, you can use a software like putty or MobaXTerm and open a ssh session with your Pi.
Or… I think you can directly use the Windows Powershell terminal and write this:
ssh basegnss@basegnss.local and enter the default password: basegnss!
Then enter the instructions in my previous message.

In a future release, I plan to add a function to detect and configure the F9P from the web interface.

5 Likes

WOW, it worked, thanks!!
I got connected through run commands in windows and after I found the directory rtkbase/tools I ran the install.sh command and few seconds later the GUI says everything is fine in the status bar.
Thanks man, you’re awesome!!

2 Likes

I would like to have a confirmation if RTKBase would work for the following purpose in the cab of the vehicle to be autosteered:

1. Connect to internet via a mobile wifi hotspot
  2. Obtain RTCM messages from an EUREF base
  3. Do some RTCM message thinning & transformations
  4. Send out the transformed RTCM messages to the receiver (Topcon AGI-4/AGCO AG3000) through serial data as an external modem in the AUX port

Is Rasperry Pi 3 still totally fine for the purpose, or is Pi4 preferred for any reason?

Have you checked out strsvr?
I believe it can run on the AOG tablet.

https://www.use-snip.com/kb/knowledge-base/using-strsvr-from-rtklib-with-snip/

I am using the strsvr part in this version, to convert skytraq input to rtk2go output for the caster

I have used strsvr on a pc and totally forgot that it has all the needed features. However, AOG is not used in this tractor and I would rather put a small rasperry for the task.

Never having used a rasperry pi makes me wonder if RTKBase would have a GUI that would allow to do all the settings of str2str as well and hence, be more plug & play.

Yesterday we set up a new base, tested out and works fine during the day. First time ever I did however get a ban from rtk2go with the following:

The Last Error Report follows:

Client [#C177996] appears to a Rev1 **NTRIP Server** connecting, Fri 05:16:24.241 AM (local), from [123.123.123.123](http://rtk2go.com:2101/SNIP::IPREPORT?IP=123.123.123.123/):39074
A remote NTRIP **Server** (was a Client) sent us: ====================== (68 chars)

SOURCE xxx yyy Source-Agent: NTRIP RTKLIB/2.4.3 STR:

= **END** = (an inbound PUSH-In data connection attempt using the Rev1 form)
PUSH-IN disconnected, never sent ANY data AFTER the NTRIP setup string, **marked as bad connection** .
**Suggestion:** : Ensure your GNSS is tracking before connecting.

Is there any idea why it’s doing this? Logs showed the base timeouting from connecting to rtk2go since yesterday evening…? Base was up and running all the time, though.

Edit: Looks like some connection issues after all, checking the logs shows that it’s been timeouting most of the time and then got banned. It’s on 256 kb connection, is it too little for the data? Running also a TCP stream out from the device

Replying to myself in case someone runs into similar issues:

The root cause was setting a static IP for eth0 in dhcpcd.conf, which somehow messes up the traffic. Everything gets extra slow, had the same problems with my remote control of the grain dryer previously. Quick and dirt solution is to bind the IP to the MAC address in the router/4G stick, now working :kissing_smiling_eyes:

EDIT:

…or not so easy. Looks like the F9P might be the issue, the caster is connecting but sending no data. When I log in to the UI location shows 0.0 0.0 0.0 and no satellites in the satellite view. Rtk2go says it’s getting banned because it connects and send no data. The box is out in the cold but under the roof. Could it be something with the cold weather, been around -25 C both times when it’s happened. Before that was running happily since Sunday afternoon. Come to think of it, the satellites were not showing anything the first time around, either, but I thought it was just the page not refreshing due to the network issues.

@Stefal is there some option to shut down the NTRIP service automatically if the receiver loses satellites? Or do an auto-reboot?

EDIT 2:

Looks like it’s losing connection to the receiver, right?

Jan 11 12:30:57 basegnss systemd-journald[143]: Suppressed 11 messages from str2str_tcp.service
Jan 11 12:30:57 basegnss run_cast.sh[473]: 2022/01/11 11:31:15 [CC—] 88865480 B 45547 bps (0) /dev/ttyACM0 (1) 3 clients
Jan 11 12:31:57 basegnss systemd-journald[143]: Suppressed 11 messages from str2str_tcp.service
Jan 11 12:31:57 basegnss run_cast.sh[473]: 2022/01/11 11:32:15 [CC—] 89195632 B 44369 bps (0) /dev/ttyACM0 (1) 3 clients
Jan 11 12:32:57 basegnss systemd-journald[143]: Suppressed 11 messages from str2str_tcp.service
Jan 11 12:32:57 basegnss run_cast.sh[473]: 2022/01/11 11:33:15 [CC—] 89310348 B 0 bps (0) /dev/ttyACM0 (1) 127.0.0.1
Jan 11 12:33:57 basegnss systemd-journald[143]: Suppressed 11 messages from str2str_tcp.service
Jan 11 12:33:57 basegnss run_cast.sh[473]: 2022/01/11 11:34:15 [CC—] 89310348 B 0 bps (0) /dev/ttyACM0 (1) 127.0.0.1
Jan 11 12:34:57 basegnss systemd-journald[143]: Suppressed 11 messages from str2str_tcp.service

And when trying to restart main service:

Jan 11 12:42:25 basegnss systemd[1]: Stopping RTKBase Tcp…
Jan 11 12:42:25 basegnss systemd[1]: str2str_tcp.service: Succeeded.
Jan 11 12:42:25 basegnss systemd[1]: Stopped RTKBase Tcp.
Jan 11 12:42:36 basegnss systemd[1]: Starting RTKBase Tcp…
Jan 11 12:42:36 basegnss systemd[1]: Started RTKBase Tcp.
Jan 11 12:42:36 basegnss systemd[1]: str2str_tcp.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
Jan 11 12:42:36 basegnss systemd[1]: str2str_tcp.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

1 Like

Flashed a new sd card and sudo works, go figure? Did some offline editing of config files, maybe I messed something up there.

I have DA910 antenna from drotek. I need about 25m of SMA cable to mount antenna over silo , is LMR 400 cable good enough? does it make too much signalloss?