RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

I just tried our Valtra AGI-4 directly from the RTKBase caster an it worked fine (fine in the sense that this old product works, stupid implementation from Topcon with the NTRIP modem, takes ages to receive the correction data and the GNSS performance is worse than F9P). This time I just put 1004,1006(5),1008(5),1012,1019(10),1020(10),1033(30) messages. Should behave the same as your configuration.

I don’t know about the antenna info issue, have you checked how your RTCM 1008 reads out (perhaps 1033 too), could compare to mine. I’ve only used commercial receivers for PPP or public NTRIP to locate my base stations accurately.

However if your coords are too far off you won’t get a fix…

How far is too far?

I have gotten a fix at 80km (rare). Most of my issues where mixing Lon and Lat putting me 1000s of kms off.

Sounds like you are talking about the distance from the base to the rover while andyinv and jussi were talking about the “distance from the true base location to the declared RTCM 1005/1006 location”?

I was directed to this thread for better help. Thanks again. I’m totally new to the Ubuntu environment. I’m wondering if I’m using the wrong python version? I can’t get the web server to start and it seems to be the imp module is missing. I have ver 3.12.

Whats the message? Use ‘pip install missing_module’.

When I run: sudo systemctl status rtkbase_web.service
I get the following:

● rtkbase_web.service - RTKBase Web Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rtkbase_web.service; enabled; preset: >
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2024-05-25>
Process: 16117 ExecStart=/home/colin/rtkbase/venv/bin/python /home/colin/rt>
Main PID: 16117 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

After reading a lot of stuff I didn’t understand well I came to the conclusion I’m missing the IMP module which was replaced in v3.12 with IMPORTLIB. If this is correct, I need to downgrade to v3.10, right?

imp is dropped in version 3.12. In earlier versions it’s deprecated.
I don’t know much about rtkbase, but it’s using imp.
Try version 3.10, if it’s available in your distro.

I’m going to need an explanation. What is a distro? How to I access it? How do I make rtkbase use it? I am about ready to reinstall Ubuntu 22.04 which contains 3.10.

Ubuntu 22.04 is a linux distro. i use Fedora 39.
I don’t think this works in 24.04:
sudo apt install python3.11
afbeelding

Is anybody else haven problems in updating 2.4.1 version to 2.5.0? When I do the update in the web service, the web service is not anymore accessable after the update, but the correction messages are still coming. I tried to start the web_service manually with terminal without any success. How to update it using terminal, if it reqires that? I’m not so experienced with it and didn’t find simple guide anywhere.

Ok so now my system is messed up. I got the web server to run on Ubuntu, set everything up best I could, but can’t get RTK fix. I can recieve RTCM messages on my phone but they must not contain the necessary information. Anyone have advice?

Ok I’m back up. Whew!

So I went back to my windows PC running STRSVR. I had to open u center and go to TIMEMODE3 and re enter my base location, then go turn the RTCM messages back on.

I’m interested though to get the Linux up and running. What an I doing wrong?

Which GNSS board are you using?

It’s an F9P

I have the same thing. @Stefal
Worked with 2.4.1, but when I updated to 2.5.0, I can’t connect to the webserver.

@Jussi @Davidwedel
I need as much information as you can, and please create an issue:

1 Like

If yo have an Ardusimple board with an Xbee slot, this is a simple way to get a plug and play RTK base for $75.

That doesn’t sound right to me. RtkBase should be configuring timemode3 and the base station coordinates for you doing all of this for you in software. Shouldn’t have to do anything directly with the f9p.