RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

Now you can try this update:

(Replace your_base with you base Ip or name, (basegnss.local))

If you want to watch the upgrade process, open a terminal on your base, and run this command:
sudo journalctl -fu rtkbase_web

Successfully updated now.

Testing A / B caster now and nrcan rinex.

Thanks for all the work.
Running on Rasberry pi 3B+

1 Like

Thank you for keeping me informed

Casting now via RTK2go and Centipede without any problem and 100% uptime.
Tested the Nrcan Rinex with 48h log.
Changed web port to 8888.

1 Like

Have been testing RTKBase 2.4b6 with the Emlid caster service, works nice, seems simple and reliable. However, I would prefer to run my own caster, to eliminate extra possible fault causes. When I enable the local caster I get: ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE (when trying to connect with browser to :2101 Anyone familiar with this error? I assume, a local NTRIP service needs to point to localhost (127.0.0.1)?

That’s a browser issue - you’ll see that with chrome, edge and brave etc. Use firefox, it’s quite happy with the non-standard HTTP response.

So Im building a base station using f9p and raspberry pi 3b. I am wondering if i use an ethernet bridge to send the ethernet from the building with ethernet to the base of a silo and then add POE at the base of the silo and run a ethenet cord up to f9p, raspberry pi box/ antenna whether this will work as a reliable base station? Specifically concerned with whether using the ethernet bridge will cause a delay and make the base station corrections unreliable?
Thanks in advance for the input

I don’t think a base station delay of even 1 sec would have much affect on the Rover’s accuracy and your wireless bridge should have much lower latency than that. In my tests I found that at 20-60s the correction data started getting stale.

1 Like

I’m using a bridge from the house to our feed room and then have a poe switch to power cameras for my silos and the RPI and. F9P without any issue.

Updated to 2.4.b7 now.
Updating from b6

Had to edit server.py before I could upload the file via manual update.
app.config['MAX_CONTENT_LENGTH'] = 1024 * 1024 * 128
Was getting error about exceding limit.

After editing server.py i did a reboot of RPi and upload the new b7.

I’m glad you’ve found the solution by yourself.I’ve fixed it yesterday.

RTKBase Beta 2.4b8 is available :
Update : https://rtkbase.eu/rtkbase_release/rtkbase_2.4b8.tar.gz
Installer : https://rtkbase.eu/rtkbase_release/rtkbase_2.4b8.sh

1 Like

hi guys i have put a second base at the farm using a ardusimple lite plus pi alll seens ok but i i conect to it i dont seem to be getting rtk fix and when i get it is for a few second and then goes on float as well some times the rtk lost alarm doenst show but i dont have rtk fix it says DGPS
So dont know whats going on
when i connect it to my first base station e get rtk fix mostly everywere that base is 5 miles out the one on the farm is 1 mile away

Uploading: PXL_20230213_174540233.jpg…

How did you set the coordinates on your base station?

have been using rtkbase for a while. am satisfied with that only and occasionally have problems with the raspberry pi itself. have the athenne at a height of 13m on the roof of the shed and the controbox under the roof. in hot summers it can get quite warm there, I already had 2 rasberrypi 4 broken. (raspberry pi and memory card) now i have a 5 meter extension cable between the f9p and gnns so the control box is away from the heat. and that seems to work
only now I probably suffer from oxidation on the connectors because I have no connection with my gnss receiver. I’ve cleaned it a few times and then they work again until the time comes again. cable would also like to use a radio athenne as a backup, but those cables should not be long, I understand from ardusimpel. so that the controller has to go up on the roof again. does anyone know a solution to my problem

What is “quite warm” for you ? (in °C) I’m surprised that it will kill a Pi 4. It should throttle in case of too high temp.

One way is to use a SBC which doesn’t heat too much. Raspberry Pi Zero 1, Orange Pi Zero 1.

edit : did you put a heatsink on your Pi ?

rond 70 degree de tempture on the pi him zelf was 96 degree

use raspberry pi 4
no heatsinks.

so you would say i can handel it on a black roof in hot summers

It would probably help to put the Pi in a waterproof grey or white box on the outside of the building, not under the roof.

The Pi 4 runs a lot hotter than the 3 does.

i run it for a few day and the went to Calculs GNSS Réseau en ligne | RGP
then i got a email with the coordinate

all seems ok tut iven using the first base satncion log in still donst work and i cant figer it out
and it must be sending somewthig to rtk2go because i havent yet got a ip ban and on the website it say the base is up and running
i iven tryed and installed the base station and updated the f9p this morning to see if i had missed somethigh but still doesnt work

Your base is 120 metres below sea level, how does it see all satellites?

Could you show which messages the base is configured to send.