RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

The GNSS receiver antenna does not need to be at any specific position at the time of installation or first configuration. You just need to set correct base coordinates when ever the base antenna location is changed. Several ways exist to obtain base coordinates, either rough position or a very accurate true position or anything in-between.

thank you for the explanation, how do i determine or know my accurate position

1 Like

thank you i will work on it

1 Like

downloaded and installed rtkbase, it seems the gnss is installed properly with autodetection, and config. canā€™t see satellites yet, but thatā€™s probably because the atenna is inside, but what Iā€™m wondering now, Iā€™ve also connected the radio module, but it doesnā€™t see it via rtcm serial service. am I doing something wrong. its a xbee with a usb c carrier board for xbee from ardusimple

Iā€™am using Rtkbase 2.4.1, Ublox_ZED-F9P - 1.13, Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1, Raspbian 11 (Bullseye)
Iā€™am looking at: http://rtk2go.com:2101/SNIP::MOUNTPT?baseName=O-TorebyLL
Located at is missing for my caster, where dose that info go?
When iā€™am looking at other caster they have City, Country listed.
Regads.
Kim

The ā€œlocated atā€ data is probably just coming from some internet map API that takes latitude and longitude and returns a city name. For your lat and lon whatever service SNIP is using to look that up isnā€™t returning anything. Nothing to worry about. The only info that matters is the lat and lon of the base station.

In other words that information is generated and displayed for convenience only by the SNIP web interface. There is nothing you need to set on your base station.

So we could go to the danish AOG Facebook group and ask Peder how he got his base to display correct city and country on his rtk2go base. My rtk2go base display correct city as is Flemming but country is said to be Indonesia, but should be DK!

Iā€™m just as happy to not have anything displayed for my location. Obviously the lat/lon already gives away my location quite precisely, so itā€™s kind of moot I guess.

think it will come on its own after a few days

HI,
It have been on the Air since mid Jan. 2023, I think that is time enoughā€¦ And another one is in Indonesia, clearly global warming BS is coming into play.
Kim

1 Like

Yes. Itā€™s odd how some have a location and others do not. I have two mount points on RTK2go. Both from the same receiver, one is given a location and the other not.

BUT, clicking on the location text (even the unknown text ) takes you to a google maps image of the exact base location, unlike the http://monitor.use-snip.com/map map that uses a truncated coordinates and gives an approximate location.

Why are you concerned about whether or not your Lat/Lon coordinates can be georeferenced in the SNIP status web page?

It is shared via rtk2go, if somebody is looking for a free reference station, itā€™s a lot harder to find one close to you, when itā€™s listed as unknown.
Kim

1 Like

Not really. They are all plotted on a map by rtk2go (NTRIP Caster Table click view all), and lots of software (AOG included) lists available mount points in baseline distance order.

1 Like

Correct but only possible when at a working system with gnss receiver attached, which is not always possible when searching from your office.

ā€¦then the rtk2go caster table above is the easiest option, which I see is available from within AgIO.

1 Like

from AgIO when connecting to caster.centipede.fr we can also see the bases ordered by distance.

1 Like

The .iso image is not available for the latest version?

Its very easy to install from terminal though.