RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

think mine is the budget

1 Like

All of these and the Micro all use the exact same Ublox F9P chip on them. They all have identical performance. I recommend that you use whatever you use on your tractors. That way if your base station goes down, you can cannibilize one tractor to get the base back up and running. Or if a tractor goes down, then you can cannibiize the base station to get the tractor going without RTK.

I have other solutions on tractors. So Iā€™d buy first f9p devices.

Thanks for the feedback. The new beta release fix this problem.

For my base station I prefer USB because that makes it more modular and easier to replace things when they stop working. I have a backup pi computer, a backup F9P, and a backup radio transmitter ready to go. The sticky part is how Linux names the serial devices, but that can be resolved by using the /dev/serial/by-id entries instead of ttyUSB*. Of course that will require some patches to RtkBase, and it would be nice if eventually RtkBase shows a list of serial device (by id of course) to pick from for the serial rtcm server.

1 Like

beta dev version support auto detect on uart port now

1 Like

two questions:

1. what is the ssh user and password in verion for Raspbbery Pi?
  2. what is the best solution to prepare log file, and which PPP service is best? My RTKbase station is located in Poland

Curious if youā€™ve read thisā€¦helped me on how to record. Might need to translateā€¦

1 Like

if we are far away from France, should we go direction with checking old (over 15 days) log file? or Could we use last 48h log?

I donā€™t knowā€¦I waited the 15 days, donā€™t know if I had to or not

Do you have any idea how to get corrections from base station without casters like rtk2go, emlid or centipide.
I have double nat so i can not connect to the rtkbase from outside.
Can I somehow send data to my server and then connect to this server? Can you recommend any software working as a rtk server?

I set up and use the tailscale VPN. Super easy and can handle double Nat. Clients for iOS and Android. I use it with ntrip client app on my phone, direct to my rtkbase internal caster.

If you have an access to a public server, maybe you could install str2str from Rtklib, and use it as a ntrip caster.
Your base station ā†’ server ā†’ rover

btw: why donā€™t you want to use an already available caster ?

1. See the ā€œssh connectā€ section Release RTKBase-GNSS-RPi-2.4.1 Ā· CentipedeRTK/pi-gen_RTKbase Ā· GitHub
  2. In Poland, you should use ETRF2000 coordinates.There is a small guide here : NRCAN ETRF2000 converter
1 Like

Iā€™ve heard that rtk2go had some blackouts. So Iā€™d like to send one correction to my server and the second one to the rtk2go, because RTKbase allow us to send data to 2 ntrips? Yes?

ssh is blocked by my network provider. Double nat and I can not access anything in my network.

Yes, RTKBase can send the correction to 2 Ntrip caster. You can use Centipede AND rtk2go.

Well get on the same local network to work on the pi

use Tailscale to get round that.

Yes tailscale runs in a pi and handles double Nat quite nicely.