RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

Hello, new to the forum, I installed a base station with an orange pi and f9p (white Survey antenna) and I experienced a problem. I lose RTK from time to time, the base is running and seeing satellites (I installed Tailscale to access it from the field) but my correction through emlid is not getting through.

The numbers in AgIO are not changing it just stays at 12, here is a picture

When I restart the NTRIP A service it works again but stops. Help please

Why are you running it through a third party caster if you have tailscale already installed? Why not just go through RTKbases ntrip caster?

1 Like

Not the guy you replied to but I tried the Tailscale approach and I couldn’t get as reliable throughput on my Ag Leader display as I could with RTK2Go or Emlid. It would just stop communicating after 5-10 minutes whereas the third parties worked as long as I asked them to.

Idk why but it feels like tailscale would close the VPN connection after my phones (iphone 14) been untouched for X minutes maybe?

Some people stream music to keep their connection active

This is strange. I plugged simpleRTK2B USB to Rapberry Pi, re-run detect and configure and it just works.

What could be the reason why UART1 directly to Raspberry Pi serialport don’t work (or it does work, but not fully) and USB does.

I’m running it through emlid caster, Tailscale is just to access the rtkbase homepage from my iPhone. Today the base was active all day, no problems. So maybe it was something with emlid server?

Can I access the base with Tailscale through agio?

Yes you can run directly through tailscale, and not use any caster other than the one on the rtkbase server. Short guide here. Just the part for windows/agio. You’ve already got the part for rtkbase done obviously. Tell me if anything with the guide is wrong, and I’ll change it:).

1 Like

It is the default one: ADVNULLANTENNA

I was asking for name of your physical antenna, the one you have bought for your receiver.

Ok, it is the one that came with the card. It is a standar one. Low quality I guess.

We must assume they deliver an antenna with specifications that fit the receiver.
Next question: which version of receiver did you get. DA or BS ?

Yes, the antenna is the one they provide.

I have both ot them, BS for base and DA por rover/receiver.

OK. I assume you have tested with antenna outside under open sky.
Your antenna is probably not an active type, like ANM MB from ublox, which is active .
And maybe your receiver is not even able
to supply power to an active antenna.

No. I’m “sure” they are no active ones. I used them on open sky. The rover and base boards are practically the same, only the chip changes one each board and have enough power to receive the position correctly with the base and the rover cards. Other thing is the precision. This is why I am trying these cheap cards.

Got my RTKBase setup installed and thought I’d share the files for 3D printing. Its a minimal option for guys mounting the RPi indoors. For Pi 4B with POE+ hat and this Sparkfun F9P board. Uses M2.5 standoffs to assemble. Its about as compact as I could make it.

2 Likes

Added to the wiki, thanks.

on test bench works fine,
I would go the tractor and check it on the tractor

Found a deal on a NH372 receiver with RTK unlock, anybody know anything about using RTKBase with it?

Reddit says that I should be able to plug a 12-pin bluetooth dongle in and then enable CMR messages on the display (Pro 700), is there a way to add CMR to RTKBase?

I have gfx-750 and works fine with rtkbase

1 Like

No way to add CMR that I know, it’s RTCM only.