RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

How hard is this to install in a VM ie Proxmox? Anybody have a script? Trying to consolidate all the random electronics around my house…

Jeg installerede version 2,40 igen og så opdaterede derfra så er den på WIFI ellers tak :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’m from Poland. I am building Stefal base gnss stations. I am at the stage of determining the exact location of the antenna. What value should I set in “file rotation” and “file overlap”? I know that I should have a file with at least 15 days of observations. I read the guides from github. Currently Creates a file every 24 hours. Should I wait 15 days and select the file from the 15th day and convert it to Rinex? Should I set the value in “file rotation” =360 (15 x 24h) and download this file Nrcan? Can I use the standard Ardusimple ANN-MB-00 antenna?

IIRC 24 hours is all thats needed for a single file, as that service that converts it to GPS coordinates will truncate to 24 hours anyway. Maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong though.

Yes, I would say send a 15 days old 24h scan.

Standard ANN-MB with a 12cm steel ground plane work fine for me for 4 years now.
Survey antenna could give more satellites as the decibel are a bit higher typically.

Is there a particular test or some metrics to rate the quality of my corrections? I’m kind of just assuming it works.

On the tractor I get age of RTK bouncing between 1 to 2 seconds. PDOP 1.7ish, HDOP 0.9ish. 12-15 satellites give or take. Is that considered “good” or just good enough? Hoping to do some RTK landforming so accuracy is pretty important for that as far as I know.

On the Centipede-RTK network, we refuse base sation with ann-mn antenna.
There are too many problems with cycle slips and reliability.

Hi @Stefal
I tried to install the system on Raspberry Pi Zero W. But the same error appeared.

@AntonioI do you have a solution for this? I’m commissioning a LC29H BS at the moment, and before I dive in, it may save me some effort of someone already knows what is going on.

Update: I got it working, the GPS unit needs some preconfiguration.

I’ve documented it at How to configure Quectel LC29HBS · Issue #425 · Stefal/rtkbase · GitHub