RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

If I set the Skytraq as rover, the output is then NMEA. Can the raspberry do something with that and make the correction and put it out as RTCM?

I believe you need the raw measurements to create RTK correction data.

1 Like

Letā€™s say a+b=c
RTK needs a and b
nmea is c

So no, nmea is unuseful.

1 Like

RTKBase 2.3.0 is available!

Changelog

[2.3.0] - 2021-07-08

Added

• New local Ntrip Caster service to use RTKBase as a standalone NTRIP Caster.
  • GUI ā†’ Status: New OrthoHR aerial imagery layer, covering France only.
  • GUI ā†’ Status: Realtime and static base position stay both visible on the map.
  • GUI ā†’ Status: Solution status is displayed next to coordinates.
  • GUI ā†’ Settings: Service status are updated in realtime, and painted with orange/red in case of restart/failure.
  • GUI ā†’ Settings: Display Cpu temperature.
  • GUI ā†’ Settings: Display uptime.
  • GUI ā†’ Settings: Display storage informations.
  • GUI ā†’ Settings: Tooltips to display some help about each services.
  • GUI : Auto reconnection with the web server after a RTKBase update or a server (SBC) reboot.

Changed

• Default antenna value sets to ā€˜ADVNULLANTENNAā€™ instead of ā€˜NULLANTENNAā€™.

Fixed

• Rtkbase was deleting old archives when remaining space was lower than 5GB instead of 500MB. And now you can change this value inside settings.conf . #132
  • rtkrcv configuration was hardcoded with ubx input, now it uses the format set on GUI ā†’ Settings ā†’ Main. #148
  • Only .ubx files were archived. Now archive_and_clean.sh script check for all files format managed by str2str. #158
  • The 2.1.x to 2.2.0 upgrade created a wrong path inside str2str_rtcm_serial.service (/var/tmp/rtkbase)
  • rtkrcv didnā€™t always stop after the 1O mn timeout. #35

Security

• Cryptography module updated to 3.3.2
  • Eventlet module updated to 0.31.0
3 Likes

I did the update but the raspy temperature does not appear, neither does the storage, do I have to change any configuration?

Odd, works for me, also the uptime figure.

I have a raspberry pi 4, could that be?

this is trouble with your browser need to remove the cache from it

erase the cache or open with an other one or reload your computer it will appear

1 Like

Thanks

How did you update, with a new installation or?

Stephane do a good job

you need acces to the intenal web site in Setting Check and apply the Upgrade!

2 Likes

It worked many thanks to you and Stephane
Rtkbase 2.3.0

1 Like

Just wanted to thank you for this project. Got my Base up and running in notime and its been online for a couple of months without any problems other than those of rtk2go.
I have one question: would it be possible to access the web ui of my Base from outside of my local network? For example if Iā€™m out in the Field.

With port forwarding you could but you would run the risk of someone else getting access to it. Better would be to use a reverse proxy with encryption but thatā€™s beyond most peopleā€™s expertise.

Or use a self hosted VPN, even better.

#RTKBase 2.3.1 is available, with some bugfixes for the local ntrip caster. You can update from the web interface.

[2.3.1] - 2021-07-25

Fixed

• Local ntrip caster was not started with the right user/password syntax. #166
  • Local ntrip caster service was not restarted after new settings were set. #167
  • Psutil python requirement could not be installed on Os already including it (like Raspberry Pi Os with desktop). #165
1 Like

Hi there, nothing important but Iā€™ve lost the OpenStreetMap background image on the status page. Any idea what could cause this, is it only me? The status page launches with the ā€œglobal viewā€, showing country borders but nothing when is zooms to the base position.

Iā€™m running 2.3.1 and Iā€™m sure it worked after the latest update. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever before tried the Ortho HR (Fr) option, thought it should not cover my position outside France.

Hi!
Youā€™re right, there is a problem with the Osm tile provider. Iā€™ll contact them. Thanks for reporting this.

1 Like

How did it go

Has someone experience on network config on the flashable basegnss image? Iā€™m running a wlan and a Huawwei E3372 4G dongle, all works fine with the network setup but linux is sending all the traffic over wlan0 interface. So I can only access GUI and the data streams on the wifi network. No sudo availabe, so cannot change the ip tables to force trafficā€¦ The 4G dongle shows up as a regular ethernet device on eth0.

Also Iā€™m running a perl script for DDNS update, maybe that could be a thing to integrate into RTK base? Not that expert with DDNS so donā€™t know how much changes are needed it to run on any DDNS service.

I cannot help with your configuration but I started with the pre-installed image and updated it gradually to the current version. Iā€™m using the Raspberry LAN port to access my home network and in this case GUI access via VNC works fine over Ethernet.