Steering Setup Issues

With Max steer, I meant Max steer angle.

What motor to you use? not a phidgets 24V?

bno085? Where?

Thats completely the opposite of what I found?

I use bno085, and once i got it orientated in the right direction, it made a massive difference.

Phidgets 3269_3 24v BNO08x in steerbox under pcb mounted on side column.

What is your baudrate setting for gps connection?

GPS: 115200 baudrate

1 Like

Better results stanley, flat field antenna height 0, integral 0, 0.8m fix distance.
P:100
Max:254
min:140
min:68

But still oscillates or goes too far from line I can’t close that last 10± when it is on flat terrain it is 5cm or less from line when it comes to little rougher terrain instantly starts oscillations tested with true height antenna, 0 height and 200cm height. If I turn down other settings to stop oscillates then it doesn’t go back to line and can be 30cm off line.

Sometimes it go good for 50m then starts oscillations if I add RPM and speed it stops or gets worse randomly. (Tried most of settings with PP also but seams to get more oscillations).

Stopped testing when wheel fly off from phidgets at max pwm.

possibilities left are lowering antenna to hud to front axel to try minimise rough terrain, try gear system to eliminate slippage ( at low RPM steering wheel is so hard to turn that motor wheel slips, with gears that would result in motor stall idk what is better maybe ACS712 can prevent that.) And try new WAS install.(Maybe new orbitrol). Either I overlooked something or this tractor is not for autosteer.

1 Like

Dont get discouraged, what smart phone do you use?

Download a free photo protractor app to verify your steering degrees. If your going to guess, a tiny bit bigger is the direction to go. Measure the inside turning wheel for degrees.

3 Likes

Before I messed up my settings I had line close to your right side. Then on land without bumps the Stanley performed pretty much like yours. I want to take out the cmps out of the box, maybe that’s our problem. My was is RQH100030, but the mercedes variant.

1 Like

Thats first thing that i did before WAS install (samsung s10+)

But now that I look at it right wheel is 30deg left is 35 deg on full left turn, but on full right turn left wheel is 25 deg and right wheel is 30deg.

I know that cylinder stroke is 195mm full extend, 115mm wheels center and 0 full left so not center aither.

When I drive manually i don’t see problems wheel are strait and good. There is posibilty that wheel angle sensor install is not good and exposed to non linear movement of steer rod (when i was installing WAS i read that it shoud be connected to center of steering rod to eliminate ackerman). I was thinking that in normal autosteer (without uturn) it will work good enough for first 10 to 15 deg because if you have to turn 10 deg to get back to line thats alot for already on line just steer use.

WAS sensor
(Everything is tighten there’s no false muvement in links)

My is RQH100030 landrover variant.

1 Like

1649762902057.pdf (4.4 МБ)

1 Like

the same sensor has a housing for mounting. I made it myself for 3d printing. and there is also the print lever itself. I can post files for 3d printing, I don’t know how to post them here yet.

4 Likes

fadetoblack3342@hotmail.com I will be happy if you send it to my address.

You can upload as .zip file, but no 3d printer yet so no go for me.

I see that you made it all of metal in that image did you weld it to end of cylinder and tighten sensor around cylinder?

And when cylinder is closed there is not a lot of room there but welding when cylinder is closed if it does not collide with rod then it works.

Seems that we have similar tractors how is AOG working for you?

One tractor has a metal mount. There is no such sensor. On another tractor, I already printed on a 3D printer.These are my old photos. There will be time I will take a new photo of how I am mounted on the steering cylinder. Nobody bothers anyone. Everything works clearly.

whiteroseI sent by mail.

1 Like

mistake

1 Like

Did you connect the seed drill and test it? There was a 20 cm difference in the same line test with the seeder. I managed to reset it by shifting the sensor center by 10 cm. I was able to place the git come test on the same line. This time, we couldn’t get a full hit. Like you, I tried all kinds of possibilities, but unfortunately I did not see the perfect accuracy.

https://resimyukle.imageupload.workers.dev/lhr8dyne_IMG_20220410_232036_095.jpg

https://resimyukle.imageupload.workers.dev/njSxlBbd_IMG_20220410_232036_098.jpg

https://resimyukle.imageupload.workers.dev/L8Rdt7wI_IMG_20220410_232036_089.jpg

https://resimyukle.imageupload.workers.dev/Plsinb6D_IMG_20220410_232036_101.jpg

On tiny slopes, the sensor distortions the direction. I turned off side slope and integral but no solution. I lowered the sensor filter to 40, no solution.

3 Likes