UDP only - Where is AOG heading

in ethernet it is not necessary to connect the usb to the arduino this one is powered by the pcb and you will use usb only to program the arduino

1 Like

Moving to UDP was really handy if you are constantly tinkering with the nano.

Agopen uses the udp, Arduino ide can hog the usb at the same time. Great for development.

2 Likes

Will gps be switched to udp only or will usb for gps continue to be supported?

With version 5.6.2, when connected via udp and powered externally my imu won’t output anything unless the rest button is pushed. I’ve tried both genuine and clone nanos. When I power up via usb it works fine? Anyone else have this issue?

It’s powered from pcbv2 5v out.

I believe the nano only looks for the imu at startup, so if it isn’t visable to it then, it won’t keep looking for it. I had similar issue but in reverse, i.e. if powered by usb, the nano wouldn’t necessarily see the imu, but if powered up externally before plugging in the usb it works ok. The solution would be to configure specifically for your imu, and make the nano keep looking until it’s found. I’m not sure if this issue is potentially shared with Panda.

I’ll play with the ino then I guess. Thanks for your reply

Legend!!!
Added a 2 second delay in the void setup at the start and it’s working fine. Thanks

I have the same problem, can you tell me where exactly I have to change it.

1 Like

Just add

delay(2000);

Right underneath the { in void setup

It works now. Thanks very much :+1:

As someone who is just starting into this project (gps/rtk/autosteer) should I be holding off until the UDP and single/multiple boards decisions get decided? I haven’t ordered any hardware yet so it would be easy to delay. Or will this process take 6 months+ so I’m better to move ahead with usb builds V5.5 and figure out changing to UDP later?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question. I’m so new I don’t know what I don’t know.

Build a UDP capable V2 or Kapoui, for V5.5 if you are just starting. The board is basically a input output card, it will not go obsolete. Most of the magic happens in the tablet.

Not ridiculous at all, started building AOG at the tail end of v4, did not actually get it on a tractor till v5. Now I am hooked.

1 Like

Is that switch powered? If so, how many Volts? I can’t see anything in the spec.

Switches are always powered, this one comes with a 5V adapter 0,6A. Typical power consumption would be < 1 Watt.

If this is what you’re talking about, it says 9 volts, but if hacked from inside the device, it will also work with 5 volts.

Will it handle a couple of esp32 cams as well or will that slow the auto steer system down? I was seeding today and thought a couple of wireless cameras would be good

Can you power this switch from USB or do you need power from tractor?

You can buy a switch that does either usb or tractor power.

US $26.10 10% Off | Industrial Ethernet Switch Fast Network 5 Port 10/100Base-T DIN IP40 Outdoor Network Switch

I use this one it takes 12-50v direct, outdoor rated, but you have to remember to flip the legacy switch to turn off poe.

But any switch will do, and haven’t really seen any others fail under normal circumstances.

Even one like this

Could be powered up with this

US $1.07 31% Off | 5V DC Charger Power Cable Cord USB A Male to 2.1/2.50.7/4.01.7/3.5*1.35 5.5mm Barrel Jack Power Cable Cord Connector

Lots of options

1 Like