UDP only - Where is AOG heading

I also discover coffeetracs gold mine of repo’s a couple weeks back, I am looking to build a system base off his code as well. Only thing is I wonder if it needs to be updated as the last commit seems to be 3 years ago?

1 Like

Probably does need some updates, but just electric steering connection should be very similar. Good opportunity to learn Wifi/esp32 by working example.

I have a working wifi unit already for Open grade but from sniffing through his code I have found some improvements to make to mine

1 Like

With your antenna ino for ogx, if there is no bno connected will it still work?

Question about UDP. My laptop has a ethernet port, is it possible to use a lan splitter to connect the autosteer board and f9p to the laptop.

i think a lan spiter is not a lan switch it use une use wired for second network and you need a second spliet to rediver both signal

so normally no as i understand

but when a see that i dont understand … for 3 port …

I don’t think it will. I was having issues with BNO not connecting initially so I think there is a while loop in the setup that won’t proceed until the BNO is connected. You could comment it out.

An RJ45 splitter can help to make two connections over one cable. You would need a splitter on both sides of the cable. Typical use is when you have not enough walloutlets in an office. The three port probably does the same trick but with shared ground.

You could NOT use this trick in your case.

You need a switch to connect multiple devices to one host. A switch is always an active device, so needs to be powered. Fortunately switches are cheap and available everywhere. Like this one. TP-Link and Netgear have a lot of choice in this market segment.

1 Like

Here is a Ali Industrial switch, main bonus being DIN rail mountable, screw terminals for power in, -40 to 80C rating. Though I have never even had a consumer switch fail yet either.

Had a chance to rewrite some of my OGX Antenna Code to allow for wireless GPS transfer. Seems to work pretty good.

Wireless Antenna DEMO

3 Likes

Check out Matthias github https://github.com/mtz8302, he also provide a ESP32 Version of Autosteering and Section Control, he’s using this wireless sytems in practice

2 Likes

I’m trying to switch to UDP, I have some problems with my FZ-G1 as I need usb hub. Sometimes when connecting autosteer my GPS starts to jump all over the place.

But what I have understood that I need to power arduino with usb anyway even if using ethernet for data. So this doesn’t change my situation with my hub? Would it be possible to power arduino directly from PCB? Or what is most common practice with this?

in ethernet it is not necessary to connect the usb to the arduino this one is powered by the pcb and you will use usb only to program the arduino

1 Like

Moving to UDP was really handy if you are constantly tinkering with the nano.

Agopen uses the udp, Arduino ide can hog the usb at the same time. Great for development.

2 Likes

Will gps be switched to udp only or will usb for gps continue to be supported?

With version 5.6.2, when connected via udp and powered externally my imu won’t output anything unless the rest button is pushed. I’ve tried both genuine and clone nanos. When I power up via usb it works fine? Anyone else have this issue?

It’s powered from pcbv2 5v out.

I believe the nano only looks for the imu at startup, so if it isn’t visable to it then, it won’t keep looking for it. I had similar issue but in reverse, i.e. if powered by usb, the nano wouldn’t necessarily see the imu, but if powered up externally before plugging in the usb it works ok. The solution would be to configure specifically for your imu, and make the nano keep looking until it’s found. I’m not sure if this issue is potentially shared with Panda.

I’ll play with the ino then I guess. Thanks for your reply

Legend!!!
Added a 2 second delay in the void setup at the start and it’s working fine. Thanks