UDP only - Where is AOG heading

it is debate

but i think the actual choice is really better
because for each combination autosteer ajustement is different

Pulled accessory or 3p linkage/ tillage or mowing / can really change the autosteer setting and if you modify for your actual job you modify for other and you always readapt your ajustement

Even if it is boring when you create a new tools you can use an already one and modify it

for the arrow they are located here

on V4 it really nice to use it …

2 Likes

Just save the different vehicles with different implements. I have different steer settings and u turn settings with each different implement

2 Likes

1 Like

Same here, have one generic good tune for the tractor to start with, and then do a save as with the tractor + implement name after tweaking for each implement.

Just found this, China Mfg. hears our every word.

The preassembled 485 cards now come with Ethernet.

2 Likes

What I miss since V4.3.10, well sized icons for touch buttons. The actual size works for the office PC, but in the tractor displayed on a tablet, you can’t see any details, too small.

Pretty cool board!!

What kind of tablet? is it high resolution? Can you take a screen shot of how it looks? Perhaps increase your scaling? Usually the complaint is too big icons

Tablet is Dell Latitude 11 5175,
Screen Resultion is 1920 x 1080

V5

versus V4.3.10

My personal feeling, on the monitor in my office, perfect but in the tractor cabin

I only discovered this thread today, and I will chime in that since we switched to Wifi + UDP, we don’t want to go back to USB. We use the Mobile Hotspot feature in Windows to create the ‘hub’, and connect to the Internet using our smart phones hotspot, this way the tablet is portable from tractor to combine, and whoever is driving uses his phone for Internet for NTRIP. We rewrote all Wifi code to make the WIfi autoreconnect if the network goes down temporarily. We can even take the tablet outside if we need to work on some of the modules like GPS or machine control. No cables, no mess.

4 Likes

Trying to switch to UDP, everything works but the Cytron for some reason. Probably something I am doing.

Already have noticed the read values change smoother with UDP vs Serial, now just to figure out where the pwm is getting lost.

Hello (this is a Google translation :wink:). I don’t know anything about UDP, but I wanted to get started. my question is simple. Can we have two modules in UDP (gps and autoguiding) but stay on USB for the IMU? Because I made myself small boxes for the BNO085 and NANO, very easy to place.

2 Likes

Yes you can

2 Likes

Well then, if the tractor and machine settings are separate, let the person who has different tractor settings for the machine write down the tractor settings, eg “John Deere cultivator” and load them and then load the cultivator implement. Two more clicks. But for a person who has the same settings, it is a tragic solution. She has to keep a sheet of paper in the tractor and if she adjusts something in the Autosteer settings she has to change them everywhere … In commercial systems, for a lot of money there are one setting for tractor and on the welcome screen you load the machine, select the field, enter the work and you can go. Or maybe we can add function to keep two option of load settings?

I agree with that, then it would be possible to have 2 or more tractor settings (Example: Fendt below 10 kmh and a Fendt over 10 kmh)
After that select the implement with its settings.
Or other way around, if you find the tractor setting used right now with implement should be the other, then just change tractor, and AOG says: steer settings sent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Turn up your scaling to 175. All the buttons can be twice the size.

4 Likes

Brian, that hint helps a lot, Thx

Hello, I am currently converting to udp. There is no connection to cmps14 in agopen GPS, after send and save there is a connection. However, after restarting the arduino, there is no connection again. What can I do there?

You use the right ino version ?

Assuming you are using AOG 5.5 stable, the nano is preset to have the address of 192.168.1.73

So there are two ways about this, one is to make your computers address match the Arduinos sub net, or to make the Arduino match the computers sub net.

So what we are looking for is that both the computer and the Arduino and the Computer both belong to 192.168.1.xxx, or whatever you feel like typing in the first three boxes as long as its the same as your computer.

Brian made a wonderful video outlining how this works.

coffeetrac already has working esp32 steer code, using it I want to remote mount cytron + esp32 right on the motor holder to steer by UDP wifi. This would also have the clear benefit of having cytron to motor wires being super short.

If it works well…

Really the only odd duck out in the modular UDP easy connection party is the WAS.