Universal Fit Gear System, with Quick Tach Motor Holder

There are so many different ways of tackling the same problem on this forum, great to see creativity is still alive and well.

Let us know how the teeth hold up over time.
I found pteg to pteg, was good until it got a rough finish then it would start to shred.

1 Like

I really like the approach you took on friction drive. That is certainly another direction I might take. I had considered briefly friction drive at the perimeter of the wheel but I could not get comfortable with cantilevering all that weight so far away from the mount point.

You’ve done a very nice job here!

hello Holobox thanks a lot

It is true you need to find fixation near the steering gear to avoid this cantileveling

On JD 6000 or M you can see that i make by drilling a fixation on steering point to be really strong

for TPU for me it look so easy to print for me it is strange that you have dificulty: is your gear motor shape not good ?

I haven’t tried printing TPU yet - I’m aware that some have problems feeding the fliament through the extruder. I don’t know if that would be an issue or not on my Prusa I3 Mk3 or not – I just wanted to make the gear quickly and get the mechanical portion of the design worked out. I will address wear issues later.

I am a little nervous about the attachment point on the JD 6420 – on my tractor that piece looks like it is cast from pot-metal – I don’t want to crush or crack it. For now, I’m using a pair of u-bolts to distribute the load and being very careful not to overtighten.

It is quite a challenge getting these kinds of things into a machine that was not designed for them!

for gear it is mainly a position and antitorque requirement

dont be afraid !! it will be work more than expected !

1 Like

Hi, i am new to the site, but very excited. I have tried to find my way aroumd the forum but i have not found the AOG parts list you mention. Where do I find it? Appritiate the help and all the work you have put into this. Great work!

Hi. Look Here https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/releases

2 Likes

Thank you!

Cheers @PotatoFarmer . Just got my printed parts. Will print gears later just using a lawnmower ring gear for now.

3 Likes

Its still fascinating seeing these gears pop up in different colours around the globe, very nice.

The original set is still going strong, hopefully they give you the same service life as well.

5 Likes

Hi PotatoFarmer,

Can you quickly give me the link to the google drive containing the universal system. I’ve seen a number of referral to the drive but not the exact link.

Thx.

Its in the first post in this thread:

thx for some reason I missed it.

2 Likes

MF7480

8 Likes

Briggs and Stratton ringear?

Yes a bit noisy so will replace but bought it early on as it wasn’t dear.

As long as it works, I was considering the same thing before getting a 3D printer.

1 Like

What printer did you buy?

I bought Creality Ender 3 V2 Neo. Decent bit of kit, but it might struggle with TPU. We’ll see…

1 Like

Just slow down print speed to 25 30mm/s and stock ender 3 v2 print TPU good.

4 Likes