V4 all-in-one PCB

ok
THANKS

Hey. I have the same issue, but i can’t sort out what is the problem. Teensy firmware uploaded multiple times, gps firmware updated and configured multiple times, but always the same result. Every pin reheated/soldered, same result. GPS working without the board with microUSB. I can’t figure out the problem.

Is the teensy orange light flashing?
Have you changed the upd addresses to match the teensy

The orange light not flashing.

If the orange light isnt flashing either the teensy isnt connected or it hasn’t got a code on it. Should be flashing an orange light when its running a sketch.

Have you followed the steps here to flash it.
Also @andyinv has produced a new/easier way to flash the teensy but i cant find the link now

Here it is

Same result. Teensy orange led not blinking.

You don’t get the serial signal from the F9P !!

Log says, ADC Connection OK, BNO8x OK

Swapping GPS ports means, Teensy is trying to connect f9p, but there is no answer.

Check out connection between Teensy and f9p slot, power supply f9p slot
configuration F9p,

Did you store f9p config on the flash??

When you take the teensy away from the pcb and connect your cable to it does it blink orange at all then?
Put up a picture of your board

The orange LED blinked only at the first time without the firmware. The GPS/RTK led is Off.

You need do connect an antenna !!

3 Likes

Take your cable off and power it via the ampseal.
The cytron isnt lite up either.
You wont get a gps signal with no antenna attached.
If the teensy was flashing orange before you started it was running the blank sketch. If its not running any sketch no lights will be on

Nothing changed with ampseal, the cytron will be 24v, so thats why isn’t lite up.

If i pressed the white button on the Teensy the red led started to blink.

Im not sure what the red light means.
Sounds to me you havnt got a valid sketch uploaded to the teensy.
Try a reset on the teensy and start again.
When you connect you ethernet/udp cable does the front of the connector light up green and flash orange
Try a different usb cable
Are you definitely trying to upload the correct file

The ethernet works perfectly, if i connected 24v to cytron, connected the 24v motor and the steering sensor through ampseal, i could “steer” with it.

Using the ma mb buttons you mean?
Without that teensy flashing orange light with the sketch uploaded you wont get much more to work.
Double check all the solder joints underneath the teensy.
Theere is a link somewhere to test for voltages as you go along as you add each component

I could steer with the WAS.

I have checked every 5V, 3.3V pins and also tried these components on another PCB with the same result. I have reheated every pin on the Teensy, IMU and GPS too.

The GPS TX1 header gives only 0.5V, should this be 3.3V too?

As wland said, you need connect an antenna. Also, the antenna needs a clear view of the sky. When you programmed the Ardusimple board with U-center, did you save the configuration? Progamming it with U-center is a two step process. The first step puts the configuration into RAM and the second step saves the RAM to flash. If you don’t save it the Aurdusimple board will revert to the original configuration which is not right for AOG.