V4 all-in-one PCB

The new V4.1 boards are setup to eventually use the teensy ADC but there still needs to be a protection circuit developed to protect the teensy. So for now you are stuck using the ads1115. So you can get an ads1115 breakout board or just solder the ads1115 directly to the PCB.

Stolen picture from above. You can see the small blue circle is where the ads1115 is fitted by jlcpcb. If its not fitted you can fit your own as shown in the bigger blue circle

Thanks - that’s makes sense. Mine is not fitted so I will get the larger version

Thank you

Thanks

1 Like

There are different variations of the ads1115. The one i pictured fits but ive seen an adafruit one being used with some wires soldierd to it.
Have you any through holes for the 1k resistor? This was definitely needed the standard aio boards ive used

add a 1k resistor here to use the ads breakout board

I have just finished my first pcb build and i am trying to test it. It seems like it is not communicating with the tablet. I was wondering if i have the board assembled correctly. In the picture i have pcb powered up and i have the green light on the io page saying its connected. I have never done anything like this before so i am a little lost :sweat_smile:

Try putting a little more heat into the solder joints on the Ethernet header on the teensy. It almost looks like you might not have a good connection there.

If AgIO sees it then Ethernet must be working. Why do you think it’s not communicating?

I hit the whole teensy with some more heat. I found the 5v pin wasnt soldered good enough.

Well im not sure but the tablet doesnt seem to look like all the other tablets that ive seen. Heres what my tablet looks like currently

How does it have power without fuse? is it powered trought 12v out?

The antenna have a view to the sky?

I have it hooked up to a 12v fencer battery. I am currently inside

Show us this window

How is it getting power if theres no fuse in it? Is the fuse not protecting the whole board🤔

Your cytron isn’t lit up either. Are you powering that through pin 18 on the ampseal or a different way

Pat is right. You need the fuse to get power but you can supply powe through the 12v out as it is unprotected. If you do have it on the 12v out then you don’t have any protection on the board because you are connecting directly to the 12v rails of the board. The cytron is setup to be powered through that fuse as well in 12v configuration so it won’t function as is.

Don’t you need MC7805CTG?

Does teensy get 5V from it?

1 Like

Thats the power for the wheel angle sensor
Yes, you need it