V5.1.4 Release

In V5 if I set P to 0 then PWM will be 0 however you set the rest of the value.

1 Like

I set P, for example, at 10, then a minimum PWM to start turning the wheels. Then I set P to quickly correct the error, but not to cross the other way and not to swing the wheels at a standstill.

Hi everybody,

If in simulator mode the antenna distance to rear axle is increased the simulator starts oscillating.

Has anyone seen that problem too?

Regards

I was setting P to 2 and seeing when the wheels moved with min PWM and then moving the P up after to get it to actually make it to the target degree in a decent amount of time and I was getting P all the way up to 150 to make it do what it needed to but that was with 122 hz frequency. What frequency do you use in the INO file on a hydraulic valve?

Yes I did, Simulator mode is deceiving and even if the bno is connected it oscillates again, you have to test it in real field. Are you going to do the rec path?

I have antenna distance to rear axle 330 cm and oscillating is a problem for me. That is in real life.

It has been said before, but in simulator, gps antenna must be put only around 10 cm in front of the pivot point, so you must have a tractor saved as simulator tractor, to easily play in simulator mode.

I looked at the source code. If antenna location is far away from the pivot point it is sensitive to any heading errors. Especially Pure Pursuit that uses only pivot point as a reference. Where as Stanley uses steer point as a reference. I didn’t get all the details in Stanley, but there is also something that uses pivot point to something. For my experience it makes sense that Stanley performs better than Pure Pursuit.
I have 330 cm from pivot point to antenna. Heading error of 1 degree makes 57 mm error on pivot point, 5 degree heading error makes 288 mm error on pivot point.

For the most setups I don’t think this is a problem.
On plain GPS guidance there was a major geometrical advantage for placing antenna as far front as possible. There is larger error to the line on antenna far away than on pivot point.

Just thoughts

should add 0.1 buttons as well as the 1 degree buttons

3 Likes

In the lower right corner there is a place for a window with the entered number of degrees for the manual control buttons. :grin:

3920 works well for me.

Maybe during a button adding day, like the work/steer switch talk on telegram, it would be handy if we had a few spare universal buttons (if there are any spare bits in bytes) in autosteer & machine just to run different programs in the Arduino.

Just numbered 1,2,3 for example so we can change what CAN messages are sent or read.

Would make it better than using random unused normal options, even better if you could change the name of the button :blush:

I know its easy for me to say, just add a button
 but that is really what you can do. copy and paste, attach a click action to it and you are good. The other challenge is the perimeter is kind of stuffed already all the way around so the button can go where?

Another solution may be like the Recorded Path popup where those “custom” buttons could be.

The other part, adding the pgn, adding it to the aduino code etc is a lot more involved.

So are you looking for a blank framework of a pgn that can be filled with what you want to send and have it sent to where? How often? Only by button click like sending settings to the arduino and machine module? It can be general - but still has to be fairly specific as well

I tried 3920hz and it would hardly move the wheels and when it finally did it slammed to position and was no where near the target. I find 122hz or 490hz controls it better but I cant decide between the two. They both seem to flicker .1 to .2 of a degree around the target vs staying on target perfectly. However this could be due to using my OEM WAS.

I found this online.

Applying dither to a valve reduces actuator friction and reduces hysteresis. A good rule of thumb is to use 70 -250 Hz dither frequency on all SP, ZL, and PV valves (flow and directional control valves), and 200-300 Hz dither frequency on TS Valves (proportional pressure control valves). Otherwise, at lower frequencies the actuator will follow the dither signal and the valve output will appear unstable.

Makes me think a 200 to 300 Hz frequency would be ideal for me.

Well you can adjust the frequency as you want.
#include <PWM.h> // library
int32_t frequency = 200 // 200Hz.

1 Like

Why don’t you make a video once you’re done with the work in the fields where you explain how to create custom pgns and their integration in AoG/AgIO? I think it would be very useful and instructive (I seem to remember that maybe we had already talked about it)

1 Like

What exactly would I need to change in the INO to implement a custom frequency? I understand adding the library part.

Gonna be a looooong video lol.

Uno, Nano, Mini pins: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11 490 Hz
(pins 5 and 6: 980 Hz)

Sample code:
#include <PWM.h> // qq
int32_t frequency = 200; // qq desired frequency in Hertz
#define enA 4 // PD4
#define LPWM 3 // PD3
#define RPWM 9 // D9
void setup () (
{
InitTimersSafe (); // qq
bool success = SetPinFrequencySafe (enA, frequency); // qq
if (success) {
}
pinMode (RPWM, OUTPUT);
pinMode (LPWM, OUTPUT);
pinMode (enA, OUTPUT);
}
}
void loop () (
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}

1. sample code
    #include <PWM.h>//qq
    int32_t frequency = 200 //qq desired frequency in Hertz
    const int in1 = 10;
    const int in2 = 11;
    const int enA = 9; //Enable pinlerini arduino 5,6 pwm pinlerine bağladık.

void setup()
{
//initialize all timers except for 0, to save time keeping functions
InitTimersSafe(); //qq
bool success = SetPinFrequencySafe(enA, frequency);//qq
if(success) {
}
pinMode(in1, OUTPUT);
pinMode(in2, OUTPUT);
pinMode(enA, OUTPUT);
}
void loop()
{
// motor 1
pwmWrite(enA, 77); //1. motor 255 ile tam hızda dönĂŒyor

digitalWrite(in1, 1);
digitalWrite(in2, 0);
}

Maybe this is much more complicated than I first thought but
 What if we could have a extra setting page for a single extra pgn. On that page we have the new pgn with drop down box’s.

• where to (UDP or Serial Port)
  • how offen (button click, frequency, or on request)
  • each byte can select data like (distance to boundary, distance to uturn, antenna positions, heading, etc) some data might need hi/low bytes
  • a custom byte with 8 on/off buttons with labels to change (for custom settings in remote modules)