V5.1.4 Release

I’m in the same boat hoping to get ahold of a CMPS14, BNO080 or BNO085 soon to test the system out with roll. Seems like they are out of stock in the US.

I’m not too worried about heading, but i have fields with enough slope that roll correction it required… Understand standardization, but I do miss the Dog2 as it just worked. Over the past 2 years I’ve bought more IMU type of gadgets and seems like the quest still continues. I’d like a way that we can feed heading and roll into the IMU COM stream using something like a NMEA sentence similar to the GPS. May be less efficient byte-wise, but would be easier to change sensors and just adapt the ardunio code.

Once again Thanks Brian & the others that helped with this software and now pdf manual! Looking forward to using all soon as seeding will be on us shortly.

Just wondering though does anyone have machine control ino that works via udp? I’ll probably manage with usb but it keeps disconnecting. Last year I used via udp.

And recorded uturn would sure be nice but I must be the only one that used it in prior versions.

Yes exactly, i will add to Support.zip.

Thank you so much!!

Do you happen to have a higher resolution version of it?

The bno085 or CMPS are significantly better then the Dogs, you will be quite surprised - if they ever get made again.

How does it look in the field for actual coverage? The algorithm for the hitch isn’t perfect by any stretch.

The actual field coverage matches the display pretty close. I guess the planter would trail a little straigther as the curve gets more gradual, but it seems to be more than just that.

This is strange, mine never recovers like that. Could it be something with the serial flow control then?

Could you post the mod to include gps time in the log, I could take a few logs to compare then?

making “your skip” editable is very difficult?

What could be causing AGIO to freeze? Yesterday I reset everything and updated to 5.1.4. It helped for a few hours and the AGIO started to crash again. In a suspended state, there’s nothing you can do with the app. Only closing the task manager solves the problem. However, after a few moments it hangs up again.

I have an order in for the CMPS, hopefully they will be back in stock soon. Once I get this in place, will be able to start testing our v5. I like it a lot form what I’ve done with it on the simulator.

Cant upload here, it says image is too large, so I post it in my google drive. I hope I got Tram the right way round :sweat_smile:
.png:
Machine USB Schematic
.pdf:
Machine USB Schematic PDF

1 Like

Just use the one you have with readExisting mod, attach the emlid, hit logNMEA and post about a minute of the text file from fields directory.

The difference with ReadExisting is it will take everything that is there in one big chunk and send it off to the parser. Readline, will send each line individually. But, ReadExisting will delete possibly fixes and drop them as 2 or 3 will be parsed as one update.

The nmeaLog.txt will show that.

Thanks!!!

The generated guidance line from the curve is moved to match the tool to the position of the pivot that made the track. If it wasn’t when you go one way then the other way, the difference is huge as now the reference is the opposite way to how it was made. The longer the hitch, the more the error and the harder to correct.

You mean the guidance line will move depending on how long I set my hitch length? I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying

it moves forward the the length of your hitch, because you want the tool by the line, not the pivot point of the tractor.

Couple of logs here, just standing still mostly. There are some odd spots in both, no visible problems in aog this time though. Hope these help.

NMEA_log.zip.txt (8.9 KB)

I’ve spent a couple days now playing with v 5.4. It works really well until I plug in my CMPS with separate nano. With the CMPS I always seem to get more wandering back and forth over the line even after hours of playing with settings. Unplug it and it drives like a laser on the line and u-turns are much better.

My question is if I slide the slider all the way to gps and away from IMU will my heading troubles be gone while still keeping roll compensation?

1 Like

Ok I understand. I found out our hitch length was set 10% too long, so that might have been part of the problem.

Something must be interfering with it. Any cables etc close to it? I use the bare BNO085 which is set up differently but I find heading rock solid with full IMU bias.