V5.1.4 Release

@Alan.Webb I haven’t been able to experiment with placement yet because I had to order a longer USB cable for it. I thought that was probably the cause of the heading problem. I’ll try moving it once I get the cable. I just didn’t know if moving the slider would change the roll as well as the heading? Wanting to keep the roll compensation while I use fix to fix for heading until then.

1 Like

99% certain the slider has nothing to do with roll.

I’ll have to give this version a go when I hook on to the drill, I was having lag issues as well but switching to polygon and resetting the connection on the com port for the ardusimple had it catch up.

I noticed the same problem when I used cheap 1 Hz GPS-receiver to get some GPD data AND NTRIP was turned on. If I turned NTRIP off or used another GPS receiver.there were no problem. It might be something to do with the NMEA messages.

HI Benner, any questions about it: Have you connected an ACS712 to A0 and AOG disconnects your motor without a extra relay or potentiometer? The previous potentiometer function is set on AOG, in which part of AOG do we enter the maximum values ​​at which the disconnection occurs? Or if this is done by modifying .INO, on what line?

Thanks!

Hi, yes I connected the ACS712 to A0 of the autosteer arduino. Powered with 5V from the PCB. You dont have to use a relay, AOG stops autosteer if it reads a higher value than you set. I just use one relay connected to pwm2 to break the circuit between the cytron and the motor to avoid braking the motor when turning the steering wheel by hand.
The limit is set in the arduino steer configuration in AOG, not in the ino. See chapter 3.5.1 button 7 in the included manual that comes with v5.1.4 for reference. I use 10 amps as limit with the phidgets running at 24v, works quite well.
Hope that helps :wink:
Greetings Bennet

1 Like

in the nmealog1, what is going on here do you think? Happens quite often where Autosteer module is not getting an update to send back.

16:36:13.47 60.2792284 23.4647008 6.3 -0.3 0.0
16:36:13.49 AS -1.4
16:36:13.67 60.2792278 23.4646951 5.6 -0.4 0.0
16:36:13.69 AS -1.4
16:36:13.88 60.2792273 23.4646890 6.4 -0.4 0.0
16:36:14.07 60.2792268 23.4646833 5.6 -0.4 0.0
16:36:14.26 60.2792263 23.4646777 5.5 -0.4 0.0
16:36:14.47 60.2792258 23.4646716 6.6 -0.4 0.0
16:36:14.48 AS -1.4
16:36:14.66 60.2792252 23.4646656 6.1 -0.4 0.0
16:36:14.68 AS -1.4

I really like the layout of this version! My two cents of input for future changes would be having the option to choose which side you want to apply the Ackermann fix to. My factory wheel angle sensor is on the left side making me have to alter the ino every time. The addition of a pressure transducer option is a very nice touch. However mine needs to be set to 1.3 volts to work right and the program only has whole numbers :s . I am still struggling with my eaton vickers proportional valve. It gives me an ever so slight oscillation while trying to follow a line. I am thinking I need to try a different PWM frequency?

I think it works both sides, under 100 for one side, above for the other.

For 1.3 volts you should set it to 18 or 19 (bar) if I calculated right.

Maybe your minPWM is not high enough, if it’s to low it will not react fast enough for little corrections, be sure the wheel moves with the min PWM value. frequency 400 or 100 should be fine.

Ill have to try those two first things and see how they go as for the min pwm I have tried low and high. when everything is turned up high it is a steering savage but still has an ever so slight oscillation which is driving me crazy haha. Even if I am sitting still in park and try to get it to go to say 10 degrees it only goes to 9 or 11 depending where I have the gain. It never finds its true home for some reason. I also tried changing the pwm frequency to 122hz and that seems to respond a little better. 3921 hz wouldn’t even move the wheels. If I lock it in at a certain degree and do the circle to see my true degrees it seems to have the correct counts per degree and so that confuses me more…

How is your hydraulic set up? Do you have a pressure reduction somewhere, or full pressure or ls? (probably still full pressure if you use anything else at same time)

Its the stock hydraulic steering block that case uses for my magnum 245.

So basically the same as on our CNH T6 175. We have similar experience, was wondering if the 6/2 valve (or dump valve) as they call it, actually is a pressure reducing valve, like 6v to it would give half pressure? We can turn steering wheel almost easily when autosteer is engaged, but when turned fast it disengage by the pressure sensor (need 2 clicks to re-engage). Don’t think it is the WAS sensor that causes the problem, but mainly delay in AOG system, and the fact I mounted the gps-antenna on the plate where original GPS would be mounted (almost right over the driver)
The oscillation is much less and at higher speed on my old Hürlimann with a similar valve, but GPS on the hood. And has max hydraulic pressure at 35 bar.
Still using v 4.3.10 with edited ino for pressure disengage.

My block has a shuttle valve that I engage and disengage with a relay. I edit the ino to do that when autosteer is on/off. I also had to install a hose that tees into the load sense line and it goes over to a really small orifice and dumps into a filter housing. That is suppose to take away any extra pressure so it doesn’t kick off autosteer by over pressuring the pressure transducer sensor. That only happens to me if I have it set to sensitive. I thought the new version of AOG would solve the oscillation issue due to the Arduino loop being faster. The faster I drive the crazier it gets.

Have you seen this thread?

Where did you get the info about the extra but very small orifice on ls line?
I didn’t modify any hydraulic to get the t6 going, like you, of course turns off/can’t engage when pressure shut off potentiometer is set too low.

I really don’t know. Autosteer appears to work ok all the time. If the gps is a bad actor somehow, maybe it can mess also the AS connection in the same usb hub?

I eventually got the gps to fail even with the ReadExisting mod after a few hours run, so I suspect the gps is somehow faulty after all, just recovers with the mod if the fault is intermittent. I did try another gps module which didn’t fail at all but it looks to be a rare occasion so can’t be sure yet. And as a sidenote, when my gps is working the v5 is just fantastic, really easy to get the steering set up and simple to use!

Well i think that is the biggest difference between v4 and v5. V4 made things appear like they worked… whereas v5 pretty much either works - or it just does not.

ReadExisting will take in a whole bunch of lines at once if there is a backlog and parse it all out at once, where ReadLine will send a line, send a line etc.

Yep, it’s more a hack that fixes a problem that should not happen in the first place.

Does it have something to do with AgIO detecting the wrong GPS Hz and not reading the completed position sentences fast enough? V4 didn’t auto detect.

I managed to get v 5 to work decent. I had to bring the proportional gain way up to 150s and then tweak the pwm just right to work the solenoid valves. The min was 72, the low was 90, and the max was 195. I had to use pure pursuit in order to get it to drive straight. Stanley still wanted to oscillate slightly. It still needs a little fine tuning but at least now I know I had the gain way to low before.