(Variable) Rate control

I don’t think it’s switching to ground, it’s switching between high and low, neither of which appears to be ground.

The encoder is described about a third of the way down the page here

Someone else had this problem. I think they hooked up another opto that would switch to ground with each pulse. I am looking for their post.

It is similar to the diagram in this post but pin 3 of the extra opto goes to pin 14 on the ampseal and pin 4 of the extra opto goes to ground.

Ahhhh I see what’s happened here!

Post edited as may well be nonsense! Awaiting replacement part, as supplier is confident the encoder should work with the RC11 board.

I don’t know if your referring to the conversation where I asked you about a pulse to ground flow meter, but I made mine work by removing the opticoupler and soldering a jumper in its place so the flow meter could directly ground out the pin on the nano. That could be what hallfarmbill needs also.

Yes that could help.

I’ve been talking to the supplier of the motor & encoder today who’s confident the encoder should work with the RC11 input after looking at the schematic. No output from the encoder though, so he’s sending a replacement, will see what that does.

Are you talking about this? I wonder about this too, I think commercial systems can calculate this.

When the small adjustment valves on each section are calibrated, when one of the sections is closed, the pressure remains constant, but the liquid coming out of the closed section is sent back to the tank, the flowmeter calculates this liquid as if it was sprayed from the nozzles. How did commercial systems solve this problem?

I am missing the j21 socket for the cytron connector. When i type the number in i dont get anywhere. Is there a different number i need to use to find it?

You can get the connectors here:

Or use this cable with the existing connector on J13:

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Seeed-Studio/110990210?qs=%2Fha2pyFadugjlUWyIjFq4pvlgYu4mNHQEiezROHv09QG82h0IjPs6ksNLx3Ar7rJA36MeToXOFzWCpYBGbz1adobcjibn4qb3ioelZAlm8s%3D

Awesome, Thanks!

A quick update: Sections work now, using one pin per relay. Had to solder in a capacitor between ground and +5V to filter out some interferences (at least thats what Ive been told, no electronics expert) to make it work. Maybe something to consider if someone would redesign the relay driver pcb. Got the same problem as described earlier with no pulses from a polmac sensor, seems to work with a jumper instead of optocoupler. Is there another optocoupler model that might work with these sensors?

Hello, this is most likely an embarrassingly easy question.

I have been bench testing the Rate controller( newest version) with KenStuff’s adapted AOG for variable rate. When I open the Rate controller first and then open AOG and AOGIO I get a warning that “only one usage of each socket is normally permitted”, RC app functions properly other than the VR target never reacts to my Script (Always sits at minimum limit). If I open AOG first I get an UDPagIO failed start exception when I open the RC app.
Anyone have an idea of what simple step I am missing? And how Can I check the PGN Data to see exactly what is being sent ?

Polmac, read …

Are there any conditions that would cause the master switch to immediately turn off after activating? I can push the master, the valve will turn off for a second, then the master goes back to red.

Pretty sure the new rate app is not designed to work with the older version of Kentstuffs adapted AOG version.

You need you use the new version of AOG and depending on how you want to make your map some editing of AOG will be needed to make map transfer easier / possible.

Do you mean that the master is red, you push it, it goes green and then back to red? Do you have a switchbox connected or are you only using the on-screen switches? Is this the rate app switches or AOG switches?

As CommonRail said the rate app only works with the newest version of AOG.

Yep that’s exactly what happens! This is the rate app on screen switch (MST) I have a foot switch hooked into 5V and rte2, but I haven’t gotten it to function, so I actually turned work switch and momentary off under configurations.

What is rte2?