WAS stuck to one side

I have a version 4.4 Micro board. Everything was working fine the other day, I came back to today to try the steer wizard and my tractor thinks the wheels are at almost 70 degrees.
I unplugged the sensor and got the same result. I tested with my meter, WAS power was just over 5v and signal was reading 4.7v while it was disconnected.

I have since removed the board and attached to the bench supply. I tested 5v at pin 1. I am reading 4.12V on pin 2. I am running single, not differential so I am only using pins 1,2 and 4.

Also the light is not flashing on the Teensy.

When I connect to AOG, I get an RTK fix and a roll reading.

You need to check pin 2 (WAS signal) with a sensor connected. It should change with sensor movement

Check pin 1 too with sensor connected, should read 5v.

These are the same readings (more or less) that I was getting with it plugged up. With the sensor hooked up it was reading 5.1v @ pin 1 and around 4.7v @ pin 2.

Position of the sensor didn’t seem to matter.

I first unhooked just the signal wire and began to read voltage in it, that’s why I took the board back to the bench.

There shouldn’t be any voltage at pins 2 or 3 if no sensor is present right?

I think it reads close to 0 without a sensor connected (hard left) but I’m not sure there’s anything on the PCB to make it do that, in other words it could be a floating voltage when disconnected.

If it works one day but then doesn’t the next day, what could cause that? It sounds like something is pulling up hard on the WAS signal with only a Schottky diode worth of voltage drop below 5.1v. Is the ADS damaged somehow?

The Teensy LED inverts with each GGA msg from the F9P so without those connected it won’t flash but how do you get RTK in AOG without F9P?

If it works one day but then doesn’t the next day, what could cause that?

I did a little welding on an implement attached to the tractor. Maybe some damage from that?

It sounds like something is pulling up hard on the WAS signal with only a Schottky diode worth of voltage drop below 5.1v. Is the ADS damaged somehow?

I’m using the onboard ADS, should I try an external? If so how do I bypass the onboard?

The Teensy LED inverts with each GGA msg from the F9P so without those connected it won’t flash but how do you get RTK in AOG without F9P?

I removed it before putting the board on the bench, as I didn’t want to risk damage due to having no antenna connected. Explains why the teensy wasn’t flashing.

I don’t see anything to cause that WAS signal pull-up except for the ADS itself.
AiO-v4-Std_Schematic_2024-03-27.pdf (492.5 KB)

I assume you’re only using single WAS input? So you’re only concerned with A0. The blue circled resistor is supposed to limit current/protect the ADS a little. You can see which ADS (green circle) pin is connected to A0 on the header. Could the yellow circled diode be damaged and be pulling up? It’s supposed to limit the ADS input to 5.3V but your 4.7v reading sounds like this diode is now acting backwards.

What voltage do you read on pin3 WAS_L (or A1 on the ADS header) with no sensor connected? If it’s not the 4.7v then it might be possible to change the firmware to use that input instead.

Yeah I’m only single WAS

It doesn’t appear to be, can I check with my meter?

It reads 4.7 with the sensor hooked up.

It read 4.126v on the board earlier, and 4.256v just now. So different each time.

II have another identical sensor I can try tomorrow… It didn’t change any when I moved the sensor either.

So… I got to thinking about other changes that I made, and I realized that per @del_boy 's and your recommendation I removed the ADS that came with the board from @Guy1000 .

I reinstalled the ADS that came with the board and the wheel angle sensor went back to working. Pins 2 and 3 were reading near zero voltage. Problem solved!

However this leads me back to my original problem, my baraki valve won’t turn left. Even when I use the buttons…

So it was just the ads that went out? Do the MA and MB LEDs light up when you press the buttons?

apparently so, both lights on the cytron still come on when i push the buttons.