All in One PCB

No one has even tested the limits of the existing traces that I know of, they will probably work for most people. The limitation concerns are all theoretical at this point. I’m hoping to eventually sacrifice a PCB to see what it can handle comfortably and when they burn.

3 Likes

I would think 90% of users using electric motor will be using a Phidgets at 24V, which draws about 2 amps in use, I’m going to run one as stock without bypassing traces, so will act as a long term guinea pig on this one.

5 Likes

Is there a list of the changes to the board?
When using a modified Cytron (to prevent motor braking) 4 wires need to be connected, the PCB now connects 3 . Is this also added? Or, maybe even better a relay/MOSFET to disconnect steer motor when not steering?

Can somebody verify that the following parts aren’t needed for a

• standard F9P board,
  • F9P (not Bynav),
  • no CAN bus,
  • no Danfoss

setup?

Parts not needed if…

• I don’t want to use CAN bus (parts inside “CANBUS_ONLY” section):

• C11
    • D4
    • D5
    • R23
    • R64
    • H4
    • U16
    • U17
  • I don’t want to use Danfoss (parts inside “DANFOSS_ONLY” section):

• R45
    • R6
    • R51
    • R52
    • U14 (TLC081IP)
    • R46
  • I want to use F9P, not Bynav (parts inside “BYNAV_ONLY” section):

• U901 (MP1584EN)

Are there any other parts that aren’t needed?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Is this the capacitor you were referring to, which can be used as a substitute of C24 and C25?

It’s been asked but haven’t seen a conclusive answer, for the AIO board using a single F9P + BNO what config file should we use for the F9P?

I have firmware 1.13 and have uploaded the Ortner file, will this work?

Yes, this file works

1 Like

To the use Cytron free wheeling mod, I cut the Cytron’s included jumper cable in half and solder that to the PCB, make sure to put them on in the correct order.

1 Like

About the F9P configs for the AIO Board: In the posts above I read about 3 different config files (Tony’s, Jake’s and Ortner’s).

There’s also a a configuration suggested in the teensy sketch:

@CommonRail I guess your config files correspond to the configuration suggested in the sketch, is that correct?

@Jhmach how does your configuration differ from the one commented in the teensy sketch?

Thanks for a feedback! Andi

My configurations match the sketch. They are for 1.13 firmware. I have vtg enabled, don’t know if others do.

1 Like

Thanks, I soldered headerpins to the halfholes to the MD13s. Thus I was missing the PWM2 connection. Solved it with the little cable now.

1 Like

Does that ADS work like that?

1 Like

Yep, had to add a 1k resistor to read WAS

here are my .step files for end plates to the hammond box 1455Q2201 with PCB V2.4 Standard Ampseal:
Flange Backside Antenna 2022 12 01.zip (63,8 KB)
on the backside end plate there are holes too in case you don’t have SMA pigtails and want to route the antenna cables straight through the back wall of the box. holes at the LEDs are sealed with transparent silicone.

5 Likes

while assembling the box I noticed that the ampseal plug on the standard PCB is a bit too far from the border of the PCB: The sealing surface doesn’t touch the surface of the end plate. I fixed it with some additional silicone.

Do yoe have some picture how you do the mod on Cytron?
What is the correct order of the cables?
Free weeling mod means if steerswitch is of the Steeringweel is free?

Video of the Cytron Freewheel mod here: modification cytron pour AgOpenGps - YouTube

3 Likes

Think I don’t have the correct Teensy ino, so will try the 5.6 ino tomorrow.

Try this one, the IP address is set via AgIO

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/tree/PandaUpdates/Support/TeensyModules/Firmware/Autosteer_gps_teensy_v5_5

1 Like

More details here: https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/motor-wiring-to-prevent-back-feed-cytron/4925/64