Basics for building an autosteer

If you want to start small, just get the single RTK2B board and the NTRIP Master and try “rover only” mode (no base station). See how you get on, you can always add the base station later if required.

Don’t forget that you will need an internet link for NTRIP to work.

I contacted the postal service, they tell me that there is a long time for customs and it will probably arrive … thanks anyway.

Hello everyone, I have watched a ton of videos about AgOpenGps and I’m planning to do it myself this winter so if anyone can help me I will be grateful. Can I use Ardusimple simpleRTK2B antenna? Where you printed your PCBv2? How I can get RTK signal (for now, I’m planning to build my RTK station in future)? How difficult it is to build it using hydraulics(Kubota M8540)? How do I solve NTRIP connection? Thanks to everyone who responds and answers any of these questions. (PS. Sorry for bad grammar, English is not my native language.)

at least one kit order 2 if you want base.

Print from https://jlcpcb.com/
components from https://www.digikey.com/
you have gerber files and part list in Support\PCB folder

NTRIP is just a way to get corrections from base to rover. (rover =tractor/AOG) you can use radios then you don’t need NTRIP.

U can have your own RTK base station or you can check on rtk2go if there is base station close to you then you don’t have to have your own. If they are too far away you wont have good RTK then you have to have your own or many countries have commercial RTK corrections providers and some countries have free corrections.

I use mobile data on phone and share them to tablet so it has internet connection and then connect to NTRIP caster from AOG.

1 Like

Thank you for being so helpful, I will order parts in few days. One more question, how much mobile data it uses? For building base station, what parts do I need/ You recommend?

Little mobile data but windows likes to update and use up alot of data so you have to select metered connection for that wifi.

I did rtk with 2 ardusmiple kits

One kit as rover/tractor
One kit as base station and you need some way of NTRIP server there are some options like

You can make wifi ntrip master from esp32 if you like

ESPRTK

Raspberry pi base

There are SNIP and u-center for windows

And many other ways…

I use u-center as server and caster

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-build-a-diy-gnss-reference-station/

I followed this tutorial you have other explanations on that site for this topic. With this you dont have to go with rtk2go you can connect directly to your ip you just have to portforward on ruter. If you dont have static ip its better to go rtk2go way.

many options you need to chose what hardwere you already got or want to buy I have 3 laptops laying around so it was easy choice for me.

Soo, I found 3 stations near me, all of them 20-30 km away (it is showing that they cover about 39 km). Is there any tutorial on how to use RTK2GO? Thank you for help, time and effort you put into learning me.

Do you mean how to get RTK corrections from a base listed at RTK2GO?

Instructions here, pretty straightforward:
http://rtk2go.com/

finally he has arrived !!! thanks a lot…
I’m in debt.

3 Likes

Wow, that must be the slowest delivery in history!

Pleased you have finally received it, thanks for letting me know.

Did I only send you three of the blue capacitors?

1 Like

yes what you see is all !!!

I meant to include 4, sorry about that.

Anyway, at least you have the boards, have fun with them!

lets go to weld PCB V2!

4 Likes

What is parts availability like as i’m looking to build a PCB and have down loaded the parts list on to Digikey but it just says ‘exact match not found’ for every item.
Am i doing something wrong or are the parts not available to build the boards at the moment

tell us witch parts is missing and we can propose a solution to substitute it

There are some shortages of parts but no all of them.
When you upload PartsList.xlsx:
“Please select the row where part info begins and verify that all columns are mapped appropriately.”

Try finding parts by google searching part numbers, there are a lot of shops keeping same parts or ask hire for substitute if you can’t find any.

1 Like

for me you can replace by LM7805 1A or1.5A they do same dask

The difference VX is DC DC converter and the LM is positive linear regulator.
Pins layout are similar

if you are afraid you can add piece of aluminium to cover the heat

it is what i do you can check the video at 12s where i weld it on previous post

I use this since the begining and i haven’t issue

1 Like

After putting the column headings in as Radmuffins posted, i have got the list up loaded to Digikey.
The 4 things that are out of stock are
DC DC converter 5v 5w
Relay automotive SPTD 40A 12v
Conn RCPT 6pos 0.1 gold PCB
Relay socket 5 pos through hole

Some of the parts above have a lead time of 28weeks with Digikey, where would be a good place to try and source the out of stock parts listed above
Also where would you source a BNO085 from as about the only place i can find them in stock is Aliexpress but i have read on here not to use them from there

Cheaper