CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Thank you!

I think it might have something to do with the fact that McCormick made the whole layout of the tractor system in cooperation with Topcon. It is specialy made up for the Topcon components with wiring for Topcon terminal and antenna…

Topcon also made the development for Deutz.
The undiscovered engagement-code of the Deutz might be “topcon-exklusive” too.

Has someone tried the CAN steering on a Deutz and has been successfully activating the steering via CAN?

May be worth looking on isobus can for the engage message. That is how a lot of Agco machines send the engage message to the guidance system. Knowing that topcon usually connect the agi4 to both steering can and isobus engage may be on isobus.

Maybe the engage message is sent on steering and isobus. On our Massey setup I have only connection on steering bus and engage works. The original steering controller from massey is also a topcon AGI-4.
So the engage message should be the same, but maybe the AGI-4 on Cormick tractors has slightly different configuration.

En mi Massey Ferguson 7624, que tiene el topcon agi4 de agco, tampoco consigo que la conducción se conecte con el boton del jostick.

I can’t remember but you might have to add the autosteer engagement to that headland button on the tractor screen

Hello

I have steer ready valtra T202. I have only one Uno+canbus shield. When I try to turn the wheels with potentiometer it doesn´t work. Any ideas what is wrong?

Do you have a picture of your UNO, CAN Shield, Pot, and Switch all connected?

Also a picture of the first few lines in the serial monitor when it’s first opened

On the serial monitor potentiometer changes first digit from 0 to 2000 and switch last digit 252 or 253 but wheels do not turn.

Try to move the tractor forward during you turn the potentiometer.

What factory switches are in the cabin? Did you turn on the steering switch?

I have moved tractor and turned potentiometer.

There is only one factory switch in the cabin. It is turned on while I made test.
Switch in B-pilar.

Today I tested again. For some reason there was no error on the serial monitor this time.

But then I turned switch in the arduino and errors started again.

Is there something broken in the tractor?

Now I got all the time “sent succesfully” messages. But still it doesn´t work.

Post 56 / Project 3 use the “Show All Messages” or “Display AC” to check and make sure the valve is sending messgaes ok and you are connected to the correct CAN.

There should be messgaes from the SASA sensor ID:301 and the valve when the factory switch is on ID:8CAC1C13 (0x1CAC1C13)

I got two uno+can.

Here is “Show all can messages”.

“Can display ac”. There are no messages.

Hello

I have some questions about this PCB.

2-3 : Why there is 2 USB connector available on the PCB ?

3-6 : On the gerber file, this USB looks to be linked to the micro USB of Teensy 4.1. Is the (3) USB working ?

4 : RJ45 is antoher way to link the PCB to the computer ?

5 : I don’t undertang to what we can plug it ?

7 : Why there is a steering button ? is it to controll steering on/off from the PCB and from the first terminal block ?

Does there is a terminal block on wich we can plug an on/off button ?

Is it better to plug directly the computer on the micro-USB of the teensy or on the PCB’s USB or it doesn’t matter ?

Why does there is several CAN-bus terminal block (some tractors needs to be wired several time to the PCB ?).

Does we must to supply a current in 12V or the computer USB 5V could be enough ?

Sorry for this stupid questions and thanks you for your answers.

Have a nice day.

Val

Short answers…
The upper usb ist for usb host. As far as I know, not used at the moment. Could be used for e.g. a usb stick, a mouse, f9p connection, etc.

The usb (3) is the same as the micro usb (or is it usb c), you can decide which one you want to use. If you want to use the usb b connection you need to solder a usb wire to the PCB and plug the micro usb in.

Yes, rj45 is for ethernet connection to AgOpenGPS.

5 is just another serial connection on a header.

Yes, it’s just for quick testing. You can use the terminals, or the button.

Complete on and off? Not there at the moment. Only steering on and off.

Teensy got 3 can options. So they are broken out. For full function with Fendt all three are used. I think it is k-bus for the armrest, v-bus for the autosteer valve and iso bus for I don’t know (estimated steering curve?)…

Usb 5v is working fine. But then the steer and work terminals are not working. But they don’t need to be necessarily connected.

3 Likes

ISOBUS is used to allow the Fendt teach-in system to enable autosteer. For example, enabling steer from one of the GO and END buttons or as part of a headland procedure.

wondered if any progress has been made with the canbus for the john deere? is it possible to operate the scv, pto, hitch or worktool isoobus and other things?

Hello AOG community!

I’m trying to equip a Case puma but an error on the console appears: 15994 NAV detected but not configured

Impossible to get it out, did you have a solution?

Thank you !

Did you know how to use the HH menus via the tractor screen?

You need to turn the Nav option ON via the H3 menu.