Hydraulic valve info from Telegram group

Has anyone successfully used the fluid system valve? Also in the PCB schematic above what is the purpose of the two relays used for? The one in the upper left connected to Arduino pin D2, looks like it uses the load sensor to turn off autosteer when wheel is turned manually. What is the other for connected to Arduino pin 5? Are both needed for the fluid system valve??

have been using the fluid system valve for several years, it is an old model so a pressure sensor to detect the rotation of the steering wheel the new one is equipped with a transducer and it is therefore necessary to modify the attached shema. the left relay is used to activate the entire valve when the autoguiding is active it connected to pwm2 the one on the right on pin five activates the tool (seeder) this last shema is compatible with the latest version of Aog from the latest arduino

Does the latest INO include the D5 tool output? What part of AoG activates it?

Indeed it is necessary to modify autosteer to activate pin 5 by the section control

But if I am only using fluid system valve for autosteer and not using seeder (ie pin 5) I can run with only the one relay with LS connected to remote and no activation needed for pin 5. Correct?

You need to activate the onboard 6/2 valve to switch the oil from orbitrol to autosteer valve.

With the latest INO sketch from Brian you can use the unconnected RPWM pin when using a Cytron to toggle a relais. In the arduino config you can select which type of relais you have. (High or low active).

When using an IBT you already have a enable pin used to the IBT motor controller, which also can be used with a High Active Relais to turn on the 6/2 valve

In fact, if you do not use the second relay do not deal with pin 5. In this case no modification of the .ino files is necessary.
Simply connect your activation relay to pwm2

did you sell all your valves?

I don’t sell valves.

I had just organized a bulk order.

The Fluid System company still sells valves. they sell with the prices obtained for the bulk order. you can contact Ms. Cabana. I put the email in a personal message.

1 Like

Thanks. I actually was talking with her today about ordering a valve. It took awhile to get a hold of someone but I’m getting there.

In the above conversation I see people saying that the Fluid System valve comes with a pressure sensor and some saying a transducer. From the documentation they sent me it is a pressure sensor unless the bulk order people received transducers and it’s an option?

From the ones who ordered in bulk, how did you end up wiring the pressure sensor(or transducer) Did you use @TERVUREN schematic?

IF it is a pressure sensor, is it possible to switch it out for a transducer instead and use it off the actual “steer switch” on the PCB?

Isn’t a pressure sensor a transducer? In other words, they’re the same thing. A pressure sensor uses transducer technology to output an analog signal in relation to pressure.

Does he mean pressure sensor sending pressure readings vs pressure switch perhaps?:man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

IMG_20210210_100806_23
The valve comes with a transducer, 4-20 ma.
I think using the tervuren schemat.
it is also possible to make a divider bridge but you have to modify the ino to read the voltage with ADS

We are more used to variable voltage… Here it is variable current: less suscepible to disturbances
4 -20 mA loop sensor well known in industry, less in mobile; but for sure good choice.
Need to adapt input for… I have seen for off the shelf controlers… Arduino?

All i do with 4-20mA sensors is put resistor 220ohm Signal to GND at the Arduino. That will make around 1v - 4.5v. Connect to the ADS1115 and in the Arduino program insteed of reading the switch “Remote D8”, just read the ADS1115 pin you connected to.

I would also be interested in a valve or two. Have tried to contact them without success. Wiring it up seems a little complicated yet, but so far I have figured everything else out.

You speak about FluidSystem in France?

Please, anyone have any contact with fluid system in Alberta?

I didn’t find anything about Fluid Systems in Alberta. They have an North American presence in the States. Website is https://www.fd-groups-america.com/ The phone number I used to get a hold of them is on their website as well, under “contact us” 770 509 2298. Their emails didn’t work for me.

I have the 3010 valve being shipped to me, in Ontario, that cost $1,234USD plus tax, plus $125USD for shipping. Thought it was well worth it.

3 Likes

From the conversations above and from my own research I thought there was a difference with a transducer and a pressure sensor but perhaps not. Yes I am basically thinking of a sensor (pressure readings) versus a switch.
I’m learning as I go and is all new to me. A pressure switch sounds simpler in my head :stuck_out_tongue:

I appreciate
the responses though!