KaupoiMOD PCB v4

Where did you guys order your PCBs from? Any particular hangups to watch out for?

From JLCPCB
So amazing cheap and fast (from China).
Very uncomplicated. Just upload, click next next next and that’s it :wink:

2 Likes

@Kaupoi I’m wanting to order PCBs ASAP, do you want to make my requested changes or should I attempt to generate my own gerbers?

I’m not able to do the changes until after the harvest season, sorry. But definitelly will look in to it after harvest.

I think I almost have it finalized. I’ve added connections for my GY-BNO08X which uses two of the Adafruit BNO’s existing mounting holes and rearranged the three IMUs’ pin labels so that they’re all legible. Now I have to figure out how to generate the gerbers for JLCPCB, thankfully they have a guide for that.

This is what I ordered from JLCPCB, should arrive this week. Thanks for the pcb design. Here’s a list of my changes:

• Expanded analog input header to include a6 & a7, with +5V & GND for each
  • Added GY-BNO08X device (uses two of Adafruit BNO’s mounting holes), rearranged IMU pin labels
  • Added 4n33 pull-down resistors (p6 to gnd)
  • Added through hole jumper pins for BTS Cytron/IBT2 input jumper
  • Added smt LEDs/resistors for 12V in, 12V out, V+WAS, +5V, +3.3V, Opto outputs, PWM1/2/Dir,
  • Added diode to prevent reserve polarity on 12V input (relay coil only turns on with correct polarity)
  • Changed ADS capacitors & resistors to smt

2 Likes

Update

Here are the files for a mostly fixed version that I modified. The WAS input LED, resistor and transistor aren’t tuned correctly yet but WAS input is working. The LEDs should be a more reasonable brightness and opto-coupler inputs are working too.

mod210824_smd-leds_mostly-fixed.pdf (75.4 KB)

Change file extension to zip
mod210824_smd-leds_mostly-fixed gerber.zip.pdf (349.2 KB)
mod210824_smd-leds_mostly-fixed_top_bom_cpl.zip.pdf (1.2 KB)
Edit:
Got the original files from m_elias.
Then unzipped, rezipped with windows (send to, and choose zip) renamed to lvmod21… and uploaded here again.
AND it is not enough just to rename the original zip file, that give same problem as above (not available/private)
lvmod210824_smd-leds_mostly-fixed_gerber.zip.pdf (352.6 KB)

lvmod210824_smd-leds_mostly-fixed_top_bom.zip.pdf (1.2 KB)

Previous post

So there are a few needed fixes :cry:

1. The LEDs I added to show what the opto inputs are trying to pull up the Arduino’s inputs to 12volts. The Arduino’s snubbers were able to protect the inputs but the LEDs are lit all the time. So I changed the opto LED source to 5V and lowered their current limiting resistor value to 330 ohm.

2. The WAS input LED’s transistor is not tuned to be in the proper 0-5V range, it only lights up at 0-2V and it’s inverted (brightest at 0V).

3. Most of the LEDs are TOO BLOODY BRIGHT :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

I ask myself several questions about the use of the following elements:
the “remote” connector 2) what function?
what function does the “analog in” function have?

thank you for your answers

I don’t know why it’s called REMOTE, but it’s an interrupt input to turn off autosteer. The analog inputs are for other extra uses (they can be digital inputs too). I use them to read pressure sensors on my sprayer.

There is code to support an analog pressure sensor on the hydraulic steering setups to sense manual wheel movement which turns off autosteer.

Do you have photos of your assembly or a plan for the remote information and also for the analog in thank you

Gerber and bom files from m_elias

It seems files can´t be changed in same post (files from old discourse group)

Change extension to ZIP (remove .pdf)

another try with renamed file.
lvmod210824_smd-leds_mostly-fixed_top_bom.zip.pdf (1.2 KB)

Hello,
have you got some alternative for the following part on your PCB v4.1?
BTS442E2BKSA1-ND
Because you cannot buy such a part.

thx
Marcus

I think that is a typo. It think it’s supposed to be 422.

Oh Sorry, that is correct, but you cannot order it anyway.
Do there exist some alternative?

Correct part number is BTS442E2. It’s available at AliExpress. Don’t know any alternatives.

I am making connection diagrams to include in the documentation, and I have the doubt if this is correct for the Chinese version and the sparkfun version of the Bno08x, they need 3V, not like the adafuit that has a regulator.

For sparkfun you can always use the QWIIC connector.

3 Likes

I think that is correct.
As a reminder, resistors R1 and R2 need to be soldered to pcb.

I have been using Brian’s original V2 board, but was wondering if the KaupoiMOD PCBv4 is better? What is different other than layout, does it have any added features that the original v2 board does not have? planning on building more boards and would like to keep up with needed changes but if nothing other than layout, i will use the blank v2 boards I have.
Also is there a PCB board for the dual antenna? I thought I seen some place that there was one built to mount the two f9p’s and the esp, if someone could direct me to the file it would be appreciated.