Setup and connection issue

If you are absolutely right, that is why we are working very hard on manual release. I think all these questions will be very clear.
Many times we forget that there are users who do not have the computing experience that some of us may have, that this site is visited by various geniuses. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why BNO055 don’t connect whith V5?

BNO055 is consider to the past V4 version his capacity is totally worse compare to new generation

so fo V5 ignore it

check and find BNO080 -085 or CMPS14

This is good?

Yes, you need CMPS14 or Bnoo8x (Sparkfun, Adafruit or chinesse), this is Sparkfun version.

Check if it’s in stock

Not only is the chip shortage hampering availability of these imu’s, the current world situation is using them for building drones.

I was surprised to see reports of consumer available prototyping components being used.

1 Like

Good day, just need some help. I have a BNO 08x connected but OpenAg say “Your lost, no GPS connection” when trying to select field button… I was under the impression we can use only the BNO with out a GPS just for AB lines. Am I missing something? I connected the BNO to my V2 PCB and on separate USB but not sure how to go about/

The BNO will give you roll and a heading until gps is connected. You will know if BNO is working if the roll indicator reacts to it.

So your biggest issue currently is getting your gps unit connected and sending GGA. Your GPS is not connected.

OK, if I use simpleRTK2B+heading (https://www.ardusimple.com/simplertk2heading-hookup-guide/) do I still need the BNO?

Do you mean using the VTG heading? Yes that would work, but you need to be in motion to get a heading. So

If you turn a GPS antenna in its base, it does not know anything has changed, its still on the same point. That is what the Imu is for, to give a more stable heading, when the GPS is turning but cannot detect it.

Operation is much more stable with an IMU.

1 Like

That setup is for dual GPS (dual heading), is that what you are working on?
As far as I remember, the ino for that setup makes both heading and roll.

2 Likes

I connected my Ardusimple GPS but IMU (Bno 08x) heading/roll movements is very very slow with response rate. Any advice?

Are you using the V2 board?

Yes, when I connect BNO in separate Ardiuno it seems to work better… Also seems like my compass keeps on moving, iow the AB line/gridlines is constantly moving. Not sure what to try next. Manual not very helpfull.

simpleRTK2B+heading (is this now supported for AOG?) is for dual antenna and you dont use IMU then. What is your setup dual antenna or single with IMU cant be both.

If single antenna did you upload config for 10Hz GPS? Do you have RTK dual without RTK will not work, single will be 0.5m±.

Spinning in a circle, constantly moving, usually experience this when not in fix.

Is your RTK fixed? are you getting corrections?

No RTK, has simpleRTK2B+heading kit. Direction not stable at all, sometimes my tractor even turn in circles.

simpleRTK2B+heading kit (dual antenna) (Config file 10Hz simpleRTK2Blite (Moving Base) of a simpleRTK2B+heading kit and 10Hz simpleRTK2B (Rover) of a simpleRTK2B+heading kit.
Compass direction unstable, AB line swing around every now and then. Tried with simpleRTK2B (Config file simpleSSR 10Hz) single antenna and IMU but same results.

simpleRTK2B+heading kit only output UBX protocol if nothing changed then its still not supported for AOG. That’s why there are dual PCBs with ESP32.

Dual antenna in any case will not work without RTK.

Try single GPS without IMU with Ortner or ardusimple config if its stable try connecting IMU. But for autosteer RTK is strongly recommended.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I bought simplertk+blite without researching it fully, but unfortunately it didn’t work because it was UBX, then I built my own base station, but I still want to use it, I need to use my MTZ code, and is an esp32 required?