V4 all-in-one PCB

Very much appreciated. Thank You :+1:

You might loose RTK near trees, but it would take close to a canopy of trees to loose GPS.
I had a new build loosing gps as well. Check the solder connections under the F9P’s. I had to wiggle mine to get it to stay connected when I found it.
Oh, and there is nothing better or more trouble free than Dual GPS.

The soldering looks good.

For me its always when the one of this two start alternating, i looses the GPS signal into AgIO.
I got told that alternating light there means that i lost RTK fix and have just RTK float. In the video i uploaded its the left antenna that is in float. I had RTK fix before

Edit: Video that shows my problems

Anytime you loose satellite view with dual on either antenna, you loose the ability to have RTK on the left antenna. Therefore it cannot calculate the dual GPS formula. You can lose RTK to the right F9P and it will only go to “Single”. You still have GPS, just without corrections. But you cannot lose RTK to the left module and still have GPS.
FYI, I like your tablet mount :rofl:
If you are under a lot of trees, I would recommend switching the antennas for helical antennas. They will handle the canopy of the trees much better.

2 Likes

It is a bug in AgIO, it happens with single GPS also. When RTK Fix is lost, sometimes it doesn’t go to float or single but it freeze and display no gps.

Mainly happens when 4g signal is weak/lost.

Isn’t that solved in 5.7.2? I’m using beta 5.7.3.1 Language branch here it works

I don’t think so

I wasn’t aware that there is a problem. But this scenario seems to happen also in 5.7.3.1 language branch to me.

I’ve lost RTK a few times (4G modem as well as mobile hotspot) yesterday and AOG was stuck in Single for a relatively long time. I set offline and reconnected RTK in AgIO.

I was doing tests and I always lost RTK in 5.7.3.1, I just managed to keep it on float, but it was a disaster, then I went back to 5.7.2, and I got rtk after a few seconds, there seems to be some difference.
i use NTRIP for my base via 4g.

Can some explain how to cut the trace on the standard board to use 24v step up

1 Like

Hi Team,
I have an interesting problem. V4.1 micro, single gps.
I’ve got a 24v motor that runs constantly in one direction when I engage autosteer.
On the autosteer configuration for example, hitting the direction buttons does nothing- it just keeps running unless I disengage autosteer.
Steering confguration page snapshot attached not actual. Previously on this page, if you clicked left/right it would bump the motor a few degrees in that direction. Now it runs continuously in whichever direction you click and doesnt stop.

Trying to run an AB line it just runs the physical steering as far as it goes. It is not following the max steering angle as set in the autosteer wizard. Motor seems to be running as fast and hard as it can.

The system was working correctly. I then did the relay mod for the motor/cytron and have checked and rechecked wiring connections.

Has anyone encountered this before ?

Did you try to invert direction? Turn any AB lines etc off while running the wizard

1 Like

I dont think I did try invert direction. I’ve had a bit of time to think about this since posting and I think you’re onto something. I was using the engage switch instead of clicking the buttons on the wizard screen. There may have been an AB line live.
Im going to hit it again tomorrow with a clean mind, deselect the switch option, make sure there are no AB lines, and see if I can make more sense of it.

2 Likes

I would like to know how to do this as well.

If you look at the bottom of the V4.1 board at where the jumper would be located you will see that the one VIA is offset in the trace. This via must be disconnected from the trace. if you take a sharp knife you can scrape away the copper at the edge of the via to isolate it from the 12v trace

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m new on Aog and I would buy my first pcb but I’m a little lost. I have even the f9p std and I would the V4 AIO. What is the last version of the gerber board V4.2 or V4.3 (upper in the topic) ? Thanks a lot for your answers.

@pony91 @xlbean
No need to cut traces to use 24V.
Pin 18 is already isolated to feed the cytron.

Edit: Standard v4.1 indeed have a trace to be cut. This has been corrected v4.2 and above.

Normally the one on github should be up to date.
the one in post 231 on july 11 is the last one

Even 4.3 is labelled 4.2 on the board :roll_eyes:
4.2 had the cytron power trace isolated from the 12V input
4.3 had pads corrected from vias for theses two holes to make the 12v-cytron power bridge.

Hi Guys,

I got an issue with the 2x3 header soldered on the PCB for Teensy ethernet. It is crooked and prevent the close header to seat properly, see pics.

How would you solve this ?

Thanks