V4 all-in-one PCB

It was about 1.7 Amps on a headland U-turn, got to 3.5amps if you grabbed the steering hard.

You should set the current sensor to kick in well before then.

I’d fuse the 12v going into the converter at 7.5amps, or the 24V coming out before the PCB at 3amps.

The fuse on the PCB only wants to be 2 or 3 amps.

2 Likes

Is there a pictorial view of how the 24v converter fits into the v4 board and ampseal?

1 Like

24V goes to pin 18 on the Ampseal.

The actual 24v converter wants mounting away from the PCB ideally.

Convertor:

12v in - from battery? Or an ampseal pin?
Gnd in - earthed on tractor?

24v out pin 18
gnd out - earthed on tarctor?

I’m looking for the same thing.

12v in from battery.
GND in from battery
24V output to pin 18
GND don’t need the Cytron will get ground from pin 23.

I have a Wago connector to act as an Ground bar, handy for steer, work switch and relays.

1 Like

could someone answer this?
how much power may draw from pin 7 on amp seal connector from board. ? going to use it for powering the hyd valve when auto steer engages. using the Baraki Valve , @baraki . how many amps does the valve use? do i need a relay ?

Yes, a relay is recommanded, with the a diode

Good morning
I replaced the MC7805ctg with a new one and I have 5v now

I have many qustions
1/ the fuse on the card, what does it protect?

2/ for the direction I will use a 24v phidget motor, which wire to solder for this motor (yellow or blue on the photo)?

1. Fuse protects everything powered by the 12V from Pin 22. Put a 2 amp fuse in there if you’re using pin18 to power the Cytron with 24V.

2. Blue wire.

THANKS Teddy

another question, in what condition should I put jumpers knowing that I do not use danfoss

If using 24v electric motor you do not to use any jumpers.

ok but what are the remote/pressure and 0-20ma jumpers for? is it only for danfoss?

Here you go:

1 Like

Help me understand the new 4.1 STD boards power. I will be using 24V to power my motor. Main 12V power comes in on pin 22 and and I will bring in 24V on pin 18, with this setup I would NOT connect on board were it states “Solder wire to use 1 power source”. Reason for asking is when viewing EasyEDA and I hover over pin 18 or 22 they look like they are connected already as they both light up the same traces. Picture attached shows traces lit up when hovering over pin 18 and pin 22 lights up and it looks the same when I hover over pin 22. I am new to EasyEDA so bare with me.

I was comparing my board to a picture and noticed i am missing something in the “Mc7805ctg” spot. Am i supposed to have something there and if so what is it?

That is the regulator for your WAS. Should be able to find it on digikey or mouser.

Thanks!

Hello Farmers!
I just finished to assemble the last PCB 4.1 all in one.
I have the position and rtk fix. I have the wheel angle sensor information that come into the program and I can see it but I can’t activate the motor through the program.
The dir led is orange but no pwm signal. I’ve the cytron installed on the board and if I press the MA and MB button the motor turn.
If I press the pwm button in the steer configuration nothing happen.
Any idea how to check if teensy send the signal?

1 Like

Have you been through the steer setup wizzard? There are options to tell it how your steering it and how your activating autosteer. Make sure these are enabled correctly and you get an option to save and send your settings.
Also had a similar problem on my standard aio where the pwm buttons didn’t work. Finally narrowed it down to two soldier joints touching on a teensy 4.1 i bought with the pins already soldierd