All in One PCB

Micro, screws and deutsch connector box.
Thanks a lot!

All_In_One_Jake_Screw v3.zip (4,3 MB)

2 Likes

I’m using a single F9P, the Panda firmware for F9P is only for Dual heading only?

for me the firmware works with both setups. I started with just one F9P+imu and it worked. after that, I added the second F9P and changed setting to Dual. works also.

1 Like

*.step is as bad as *.stl for my autocad.

Micro_3Dprint.zip (1,4 MB)

Micro_Screws.zip (3,1 MB)

Fixed SMA Holes for Micro (only changes covers), hole for right micro slot, and corrected height from PCB

DWG file

1 Like

I think something is wrong on the board. I got 12v on pin 1 simpleRTK2B Micro. It was really getting hot :frowning:
Looking at print i have no idea what could be wrong. Any one have idea? I have the micro all in one AMP board.

Lookslike i have a faulty K7803. On the 3,3v output i have 12V :frowning:

Hope my micro rtk board is ok.

test a regulator and make sure it is not backward.
There are some chinese regulators that the pinout is reversed

I don’t recall if I posted earlier, but…

Before mounting Teensy, or Micros, make sure to test the power at the headers to be sure voltage is correct.
Test from circled pin to ground
On all boards.
Just good insurance since a micro costs more than the rest of the components combined. :wink:

Teensy tests 5 volts
Micros and xbee test 3.3 volts
ADS pin tests 5 volts from the linear regulator

This will insure that all 3 regulators are installed and working correctly before modules are attached.

6 Likes

I will do that next time😧

1 Like

not sure if using the 24V input is the solution for the amps needed for a motor: if you go with the standard PCB configuration, you get inner copper weight of only 0.5 oz. the traces up to the cytron (including the 24V ones) are only 1.75mm wide. if you have a current of 3A – which I actually measured while my phidgets motor applied some force on the wheel – you get a temperature rise of 100°C. maybe it might work in the short term but longterm the board will probably suffer.

here’s a sketch of how I plan to connect the phidgets on 24V without having to use any of the pcb traces for motor current (except for GND). will test it next weekend and follow up if someone else is interested.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking of last night having read your post about the high temperatures the board may encounter.
The number 7 ‘Lock’ pin, what is that originally intended for?

I would imagine a high proportion of users will be using a Phidgets or similar 24V motor, seems a shame not to of given first provision to this setup.

1 Like

We don’t know how many use hydraulic, but for us lock is needed there. Earlier lock was also used to drive relay that cut off connections to phidget to prevent brake.

1 Like

instead of the LOCK pin another option is to use the WAS_L pin (pin number 3) to connect 24V to. important is that the pin used is in the top row. otherwise it might touch other pins after bending and cause a short circuit.

1 Like

PWM2 to NC and Cytron wires

Micro Deustch

2 Likes

Is the general consensus that the PCB traces should be good enough for 24V Phidgets motors? Any thoughts on what Ampseal pin we should/could use for 24V in? It seems unfortunate to have to run a separate wire in for 24V in. I’m thinking it would be nice if most of us could use the same pin so that the next gen PCBs match that pinout. Maybe one of the extra analog inputs as it’s pretty easy to cut the PCB trace and solder a wire on. I don’t want to use the LOCK output as some motor guys will use it for external relay. WAS-L is also used by some people and one of the extra GNDs is too hard to modify except for the WAS GND but I think it would be nice to keep that dedicated for the WAS.

Thoughts?

@Jhmach mentioned that when using the Deutsch, there are no extra grounds and we shouldn’t need the two extra grounds. Then I propose we use the WAS GND pin for 24V in for two reasons, it’s easy to bend up pre-soldering or cut after soldering to attach a wire to the 24V In and secondly it’s then also ready for a thick trace to the Cytron in the next version of PCB (using one of the extra analog inputs means routing a big trace through other pads).

1 Like

How thick are the traces on the underside of the cytron at the power terminals? Might be a hint how big they need to be.